Is black dudes reacting to music on Youtube new?

I started following some of them a few months ago and some are AMAZING.  It's really cool to see someone who's NEVER heard a classic song honestly react.  It makes you re-appreciate the song too.

(First Reaction) Johnny Cash - Hurt | REACTION - YouTube

HURT

This guy is one of the best.

Saw one with a guy reacting to Enter Sandman a few months ago. I have no idea how it ended up in my feed (maybe because I watch kids react to old tech?) but yeah now YT is trying to make me watch them all the time.

First reaction to Queen! | Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody | REACTION - YouTube

“Am I trippin’ or do these niggas sound like angels?!”

2 Likes

REACTING TO VAN HALEN ERUPTION GUITAR SOLO - YouTube

Eddie Van Halen solo

Iron Maiden - Fear of The Dark - (Rock in Rio 2001) - REACTION - YouTube

Dude LOVES Maiden.  He’s fun to watch too

Lost In Vegas are really good

1 Like
kubzilla - 

Yep...that's the first channel I started with. 

White people love it when their black pets approve of their buttrock.

Look guys, he's black and is listening to Megadeth! And he's pretending to love it! Thumbs up, this just fills my white heart with so much joy!

Jokes aside, related story -

One of my best friends back in the day was a big black guy that listened to all kinds of stuff. We were both involved in music, but on different labels, different groups, etc. - We had each others backs though, without hesitation. He was very street, but also educated and highly intelligent. We had a lot in common in a multitude of things. I used to call him "Black Jimmy Buffett", because he wore Hawiaan print shirts a lot, and he called me "The Gooch" (from the show Diff'rent Strokes), because of various things I'd done to a few people that had it coming lol. 

Anyway, to the point - he had a Ws6 Trans Am, with 2x15" Cerwin Vega subs in the hatch. He would drive through the hood (where his mom lived) blasting Slayer - Reign In Blood, shaking the atmosphere with bass. It was funny as hell. He really loved Slayer, he wasn't just pretending.

One time after a show, in an elevator, he told Mobb Deep, that they looked like the "shook ones". lol I really miss that dude.

Next up - White People React to Reggae! - "I really feel it in my soul, its so real, so black, pass the ganja becky!"

1 Like
AngryGerbil -

White people love it when their black pets approve of their buttrock.

Look guys, he's black and is listening to Megadeth! And he's pretending to love it! Thumbs up, this just fills my white heart with so much joy!

Jokes aside, related story -

One of my best friends back in the day was a big black guy that listened to all kinds of stuff. We were both involved in music, but on different labels, different groups, etc. - We had each others backs though, without hesitation. He was very street, but also educated and highly intelligent. We had a lot in common in a multitude of things. I used to call him "Black Jimmy Buffett", because he wore Hawiaan print shirts a lot, and he called me "The Gooch" (from the show Diff'rent Strokes), because of various things I'd done to a few people that had it coming lol. 

Anyway, to the point - he had a Ws6 Trans Am, with 2x15" Cerwin Vega subs in the hatch. He would drive through the hood (where his mom lived) blasting Slayer - Reign In Blood, shaking the atmosphere with bass. It was funny as hell. He really loved Slayer, he wasn't just pretending.

One time after a show, in an elevator, he told Mobb Deep, that they looked like the "shook ones". lol I really miss that dude.

Next up - White People React to Reggae! - "I really feel it in my soul, its so real, so black, pass the ganja becky!"

Didnt The Gooch turn out to be a girl?

Just sayin...lol

Couple years now I think. Some are real reactions, but a lot of reaction vids are fake as hell.

frankiscool -
kubzilla - 

Same here, watch all of them. Love it.

When they listen to metallica and meshuggah is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-0n4bTtsSo

Smellde Gluve -
frankiscool -
kubzilla - 

My favorite from them is still Megadeth. 

https://youtu.be/sh8wxc4tctE

1 Like
https://youtu.be/OIHHrqzXAfs

Not a black dude react, but this is one I really like. 

1 Like

I call BS on a lot of it. You seriously telling me in this digital age that some younger guy has never heard Bohemian Rhapsody, etc.?I have watched a lot of these and often wonder how someone goes about making a video to a song that they have specifically chosen and never heard and yet has never clicked once to listen to the song, ever prior to making to the video? Shenanigans.

Smellde Gluve -
frankiscool -
kubzilla - 

Lost in vegas is great.

1 Like
HotSteppa - I call BS on a lot of it. You seriously telling me in this digital age that some younger guy has never heard Bohemian Rhapsody, etc.?I have watched a lot of these and often wonder how someone goes about making a video to a song that they have specifically chosen and never heard and yet has never clicked once to listen to the song, ever prior to making to the video? Shenanigans.

Ya, I'm sure there is a lot of that. Most of the time though their viewers are suggesting which videos they should react to. 

What gets me is first time reaction videos from the persons favorite band. It's not a fuckin first time reaction you retard...

Dajuisher -
Smellde Gluve -
frankiscool -
kubzilla - 

My favorite from them is still Megadeth. 

https://youtu.be/sh8wxc4tctE

I've seen these dudes react to Chris Stapleton and some other country music.  It was more entertaining than I thought it would be.