Is Cain really a boring fighter?

Punch, punch, press against the cage.  

Cain implemented his game plan all night and JDS apparently didn't have one. Phone Post

Cain Valasquez may be a lot of things, but boring fighter is not one of them.

epwar - 

A pretty lame way to describe a lopsided crushing of one of the best HWs in MMA history.

That punch punch press against the cage, ended with JDS's mashed face pressed against the mat being rescued by the Ref.

Where's the respect? You must not think much of JDS.

No.

Move on.

I just don't understand how anyone would call that boring. Did you see Juniors face!? It was a repeat of last time. It's sad that instead of praising Cain for his dominance again, JDS fans are blaming it on him having his hands down or not circling off the cage. Making excuses for him again. Don't worry, I'm sure his excuse will come out soon Phone Post

thatkidrichard91 - 

I just don't understand how anyone would call that boring. Did you see Juniors face!? It was a repeat of last time. It's sad that instead of praising Cain for his dominance again, JDS fans are blaming it on him having his hands down or not circling off the cage. Making excuses for him again. Don't worry, I'm sure his excuse will come out soon Phone Post

Yep, complete bullshit.

Junior did a brilliant job, with what was actually an innovative and intelligent strategy against a fighter that he knew he would not be able to fight for position against.

Those short-elbows were very smart, and very effective. And they will be the new standard defense against superior wrestlers who likes to clinch and dirty box.

History is going to show that JDS did a fantastic job just making it a fight.

Stand and Wang,people complain.Fight to your strengths,people complain.Disfigure someones face,people complain.

It was frustrating at a few points where JDS looked ripe for the taking and instead of opening up on him, Cain dived in to fence-fuck him. As Joe Rogan pointed out, when Cain did that, it was beneficial for JDS. I think Cain himself felt apologetic for playing it safe in this respect.

Although not too noticeable,I believe some of them elbows hurt Cain. He definately respected JDS power and had to mix it up in order to keep JDS from getting too comfortable.

He did what he said he was going to do.Stand when he thought he would wrestle and wrestle when he thought he would stand.

Unlike their last fight,JDS defended the td's and was still throwing hard punches late in the fight,when he decided to throw.

Used the Randy method. Phone Post

stonepony - 
epwar - 

A pretty lame way to describe a lopsided crushing of one of the best HWs in MMA history.

That punch punch press against the cage, ended with JDS's mashed face pressed against the mat being rescued by the Ref.

Would love for you to show me where I said those punches did no damage.  Truth is his gameplan was punch, punch, press against the cage.

Can he really criticize the klitschko for holding? He dominated but I didn't find it that entertaining an it coulda been stopped much sooner Phone Post 3.0

I was entertained but I was pulling for Cain. It was a methodical win for sure so I can see how some were less than enthused with the fight. Cain did bust JDS up pretty bad though. Phone Post

epwar -
stonepony - 
epwar - 

Would love for you to show me where I said those punches did no damage.  Truth is his gameplan was punch, punch, press against the cage.

This. Fucking idiots trying to act like he did otherwise. Whenever he got distance he hurt JDS, 1 knockdown outta all those punches landed Phone Post 3.0

Cain beat my guy fair and square , he has his number , but i much prefer JDS and his long range boxing style to watch .
That being said for that type of style Cain has i dont find him boring ,hes gonna be a very hard guy to beat and last night proved his chin is better than most give him credit for ..including JDS !

GayGuardMooseSaucy - He's not a boring fighter. Tonight's fight yes was boring and their last was just ok. He would literally punch a couple times, hurt JDS, then hugs him against the cage for idk how long. It's frustrating to watch when JDS had his hands down, he's drunk as fuck, Herb looks ready to stop it and you can't close the show from the knockdown. He spent a lot of fucking time holding JDS against the cage. Phone Post 3.0

Yup Cain literally just need to throw one more punch to end the fight at least 4 separate times. Instead he wall n stalled Phone Post

stonepony -
thatkidrichard91 -  I just don't understand how anyone would call that boring. Did you see Juniors face!? It was a repeat of last time. It's sad that instead of praising Cain for his dominance again, JDS fans are blaming it on him having his hands down or not circling off the cage. Making excuses for him again. Don't worry, I'm sure his excuse will come out soon Phone Post

Yep, complete bullshit.

Junior did a brilliant job, with what was actually an innovative and intelligent strategy against a fighter that he knew he would not be able to fight for position against.

Those short-elbows were very smart, and very effective. And they will be the new standard defense against superior wrestlers who likes to clinch and dirty box.

History is going to show that JDS did a fantastic job just making it a fight.

The elbows were good but too little too late. Junior did a horrible job at fixingwhat went wrong the first fight

He did not improve cardio, footwork or circling off the fence. He did not use his jab or work the body Phone Post

JDS' face didn't seem very bored.

I thought the fight was great. Love to watch both guys. Warriors Phone Post 3.0