Is Cecil People's a wrestler?

He'll always irrationally and ignorantly gives rounds to wrestlers for nothing more than getting a takedown and doing nothing with it while the other guy is more active and does more damage. I see this all the time with this joker. Is he a wrestler? Did he wrestle in college or something?

I only remember him as an early 80's Full Contact Karate fighter. Complete with "Safe-T-Chops", long pants and Kick Booties.

He is a Karate guy

he has no experiance in grappling or jiu jitsu, he is a TMA legend of sorts.  a perfect example of whats wrong with mma judges.  even though there are now plenty of people with experiance available to judge, the commissions do not encourage new people to apply.

he's a wrestler like kevin randleman is a boxer.

watch you mouf when talkin about wrasslers fool before you get GnP'ed off you own thread.

He has a Karate background. If you remember he scored in favor of Bisping over Hamils takedowns. Stating Matt Hamils got takedowns but did nothing with them. So I don't know if you can say he favors wrestlers all the time.

JoeyHustle - He has a Karate background. If you remember he scored in favor of Bisping over Hamils takedowns. Stating Matt Hamils got takedowns but did nothing with them. So I don't know if you can say he favors wrestlers all the time.Look at how he scored the Condit fight last night for example. Its weird how he could have scored that fight in favor of Bisping but scored the Condit Eilenberger fight in favor of Eilenberger. Its almost as if he's either just very stupid or something fishy is going on...

JiuJitsuLifeMH-

I saw Cecil driving next to me one day after the Hamil/Bisping scoring and asked him his reason behind his scoring in favor of Bisping. He replied, "There was no damage being done by Hamil just taking a man down and laying in Bisping guard."

I think he likes to go for the guy who does more damage in his eyes. That is an assumption, which means absolutley nothing. Condit was almost finsihed twice in the first round, but I thought he got stronger as the fight went on and inflicted more damage towards the end. So it was a strange scoring indeed.

JiuJitsuLifeMH - He'll always irrationally and ignorantly gives rounds to wrestlers for nothing more than getting a takedown and doing nothing with it while the other guy is more active and does more damage. I see this all the time with this joker. Is he a wrestler? Did he wrestle in college or something?
Care to explain Bisping-Hammill, then? He scored it precisely opposite from your generalisation.

You guys are giving him too much credit. He sucks because he's an idiot that doesn't know anything about MMA, not because he has some hidden agenda. Unless of course his agenda is to make mma judging look incredibly shady.

Yeah the 30-27 for maynard blew my mind. Was he watching cute girls in the crowd thinking dirty old man thoughts.
No way that was a 30-27 fight.

I actually gave it Huerta

Does this look like a singlet?

Respect Sensei Cecil bitches!

He's got a background in downs syndrome!

He was right on with maynard 30-27.

clattymine - He's got a background in downs syndrome!

Lol

No. He gave Maynard the first 2 rounds for showing superior boxing although I gave round 1 to Huerta for doing more damage and keeping Maynard backpeddaling. Round 3 was an absolute no brainer and the only round where Maynard used wrestling effectively so I guess I don't see your point. I do believe he is a terrible judge however with no appreciation for grappling.

Ready for this shit?

I have figured him out after all these years. Had some help with discussing it with other long time hardcore fans.

Here it is:

If the fight is ENTIRELY on the feet, Cecil is the best judge in the sport. He will accurately rate the effectiveness, damage, intent, etc behind every punch, kick, knee, etc.

Example: Chuck/Jardine. His scoring was dead on.

However the second there is a takedown, or any ground work, he is LOST.

He might score all 3 rounds for the wrestler or make it a split decision for the striker with odd 10-8 rounds that make no sense.

I think this model is the only one yet to accurate explain what happens when one observes "The Peoples Phenomenon"

wild celtic - I only remember him as an early 80's Full Contact Karate fighter. Complete with "Safe-T-Chops", long pants and Kick Booties.
Century foot pads dammit! Not kick booties, LOL

He acually reffed my last kickbocking fight in 1983 in Modesto, CA in a Beno's parking lot. LOL

He reffed alot of kickboxing fights back then...