Is Chuck taking Babalu lightly?

Has anyone heard how Chuck's training is going? I hope Chuck isn't taking him lightly, because one mistake and no fight with Wandereli.

Yes, he's been working with Lighty. Scott always plays a big part of Chuck's training, especially with his striking.

....OOOHHH, you said "lightly"..

...Well, nevermind...you're asking a dumb question.

No because Chuck knows he has to beat Sobral again if he wants to fight Silva. That's all the motivation he needs.

I'm not asking a dumb question, rocknroll, just an opinion question really. I think Chuck is probably taking him as a viable contender, but I bet he would train much harder for Silva than he would for Babalu.

"Chuck didn't take Randy lightly, he got beat by a better fighter. Chuck got lucky in the second fight but by the third fight he improved enough [mostly footwork] to beat Randy. To cheapen either's victories is wrong."

You're right..... neither Chuck or Randy know what the hell they're talking about when they both agree on the very statement.

No fighter in the history of the world has ever taken a fighter lightly.

Sure.....

The bottom line is that Chuck didn't beat Randy the first time because he thought he'd KO him no problem after him losing to Ricco and Barnett.

Chuck improved his gameplan drastically the 2nd and 3rd time.

I think the key to Chuck beating Babalu is using angles like he did with Randy. Be patient and counter punch. He might even be able to be more aggressive like he was the first time. Chuck just has to defend the takedown, which he usually does extremely well.

Sure, Thing...... whatever makes you feel better about the cute and cudly world of MMA, lol.

I can't think of a time that I've ever heard a fighter make an excuse for the OTHER guy after he beat him......

Why do I need to feel better about things? Hell, I wanted Randy to win, and he did.

I guess it depends on what you consider an "excuse".

Randy flat out said "He looked past me and I made him pay for it".

That's not exactly reflective of a fighter thinking "Oh, I respect him so I'm going to say something to make this loss feel better for him".

I'm not saying Randy didn't or doesn't respect Chuck. It's obvious that he does, as he has with probably every fighter he's faced. That's Randy. But Randy is also very honest. If he states his opinion, that's what I take it for...... his honest opinion.

And his opinion, which he has openly stated numerous times..... is that Chuck took him lightly and made the mistake of looking past him.

Oh shit, wait a second......

I have to pick apart your first paragraph a bit.

And I'm not trying to be a prick...... I'm all for constructive conversation and civil debate.

Back in a second.....

If the fight is even remotely close, Chuck will get the decision.

"It was due to matchups like this that the UFC created the Light Heavyweight divison."

First of all, the UFC didn't "create" the LHW division. The UFC created the Middleweight division. And they didn't create the MW division because of mismatches at HW...... they just wanted another weight class to showcase more fighters since they had only two weight classes at that point.

The NJSAC realigned the weight classes prior to sanctioning the UFC for #30. They created the LHW and WW divisions, and made the weight classes what they are and remain as today.

To address the remainder of the paragraph..... I don't know what Chuck was thinking. The only things Chuck has said himself is that he took Randy lightly because he was coming off of two straight losses, was getting up there in age, and had never fought at 205 before. That, and all he wanted was Tito.

Again, I don't know EXACTLY what Chuck was thinking other than what he's openly stated. But I know what a hell of alot of other people were thinking......

They were thinking Randy was coming off of two straight losses..... hadn't won a fight in nearly two years.... was 39 years old.... hadn't fought in 9 months.... had never fought in MMA at 205..... cut the weight in three months..... probably wouldn't have the strength he had at HW..... probably would have less stamina and cardio than he had at HW..... was fighting the #1 contender who had been on a 4 year, 10 win streak...... and Randy probably didn't have much of a chance.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Chuck was thinking all of the same things.

Fighters can be honest and respectful at the same time. It's my opinion that Chuck and Randy are/were being just that when they both said the same thing....

Who are you talking to and what the hell are you talking about Bobber?

Nevermind..... I see that was your "witty" retort for me calling you a douche after you displayed such originality the likes of which this forum has never seen

Shit, half the guys who lose say they took the other guy lightly.

I just dont see Chuck having problems with Babalu. The little time it stayed standing the last time, you could tell Babalu was freaked after the first few exchanges.

"I could be right, I could be wrong"

Well put.

Agree to disagree, my friend.....

god I hope so.

"No one here, including me, has the slightest idea whether he's taking Babalu lightly or not."

I do.

The original question for this thread was, "Is Chuck taking Babalu lightly?"

The answer is "NO".

If that's not good enough, then what answer will satisfy you. Do you need to hear it from Chuck. Gee, I wonder if he'd say anything different?

Chuck's training his ass off. He was training his ass of immediately following his toe surgery and hasn't stopped. Him and John have a gameplan and it's their combined efforts that will win this fight.

ttt

I wonder if Babalu was taking Chuck lightly. with the way he came out, it sure looked like it.

Another "W" for The Iceman