Is Dana Upset that......

Rampage beat Chuck??

We all know this wasn't like there first fight, where Dana bet 100k on Chuck and had him represent his organization against a rival organization.

This time he had his #1 star Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell lose to Quinton Jackson in the most publicized UFC PPV to date. Did Dana White plan this? Is he hoping for Lidell to climb the ladder like he did after his loss to Randy??? Does he want a re-match that will have Chuck Liddell as the underdog (like he was vs Randy) vs Quinton??? IMHO I think Dana White didn't plan for it to come out this way, but he probably isn't upset at the outcome. This way he has Chuck Liddell climbing the ladder, Then he hopefully gets a rematch, that could sell more ppv's then Tito Vs. Chuck 2.

I doubt it. He can hype Rampage more then he can Chuck imo.

he wanted chuck to win

I think it was a win/win situation for the UFC. Both fighters have great marketable personalities and if anything Rampage is better on the schtick.
It's not like Matt Lindland won or anything.

"I doubt it. He can hype Rampage more then he can Chuck imo."

I agree with you, but Chuck is still a marketable fighter. He isn't quite as funny as rampage, but he still has a lot more fans then Quinton. IMHO I'm sad that Chuck lost, but there is nothing you can do except support Chuck and hopefully he gets his head on straight, and stops partying so much, and gets back into the game at the level he was after he beat Randy.

I think Dana was planning on Chuck winning because of Rampage's ring rust. I think that's why he gave Rampage the title shot right away, even though Quinton wanted another fight or two before he stepped into the octagon with Liddell. Now Dana can look at it in a different way and see that Rampage is a superstar in the making and can push pay-per-view numbers and the sport as a whole even further. Chuck on the comeback trail will be fun to watch and people will be intrigued by that as well.

Im a Chuck fan but i think Rampage can do a good god promoting the UFC/MMA.

Dana doesn't get mad.

Mad gets Dana.

"I think Dana was planning on Chuck winning because of Rampage's ring rust. I think that's why he gave Rampage the title shot right away, even though Quinton wanted another fight or two before he stepped into the octagon with Liddell. Now Dana can look at it in a different way and see that Rampage is a superstar in the making and can push pay-per-view numbers and the sport as a whole even further. Chuck on the comeback trail will be fun to watch and people will be intrigued by that as well."

I agree with you 100%, but Quinton isn't going to push the sport onto a level playing field with any other professional sport, except for hokey by himself. Quinton brings the African-American viewers to the sport, with his ebonic style grammer is and funny personality, I agree with you there.

Chucks comeback trail is what I'm looking forward to. He is a great fighter with a lot of loyal fans, that will back him threw his hard times. I just hope he doesn't half ass it and get KO'd his first fight back. "I don't want no raggidy ass Chuck, I want the very best Chuck at the top of his game" Thats what I want to Quinton.

There both Marketable fighters, but that isn't my question. I think Dana is happy Rampage won. This way he has chuck climb the ladder, like he did vs Randy. This makes for a HUGE rematch that will break UFC into the 1.5 million ppv buys.

Dana did have a look on his face right after the fight... he looked like he was going to cry...watch it again when he congratulates Rampage in the ring....
I think Rampage winning is good for the UFC. He is very charismatic and very black. If you don't have a black superstar, your never going to be mainstream.

GOLF --- Tiger

Baseball-- Barry Bonds

Football-- Ladamlion Tomlinson okay mabye Peyton manning

Basketball....forgettaboutit!

They're both under contract with his company.

I'm sure he was upset since chuck is his good friend and has known him a long time/use to manage him.

From a business standpoint he isn't upset at all.

Chuck is still a huge star...this loss isn't going to change that fact. Now he's got another one that's younger and gives a better interview.

I wanted Quinton to win

-Dana

"Right now, as the UFC is getting to the mainstream, with ESPN, sports radio, talk shows.. it would have been better for the UFC and MMA if Chuck won. Chuck was out there in the heads and mouths of non mma fans. CHuck was hyped. This last PPV was huge. Chuck needed to win. Constant turnover of champs is not good at this point when you want to sell headlining names."

Yeah, but you have to look at it from a lot of angles. This sets up a fight for Wanderlei Silva and Chuck Liddell, I don't know about you, but this has the makings of being the biggest fight ever even if Chuck doesn't have the belt. Also they can highlight Chucks road back to the championship and the eventual rematch between the winner of Quinton Jackson and Dan henderson. Either way I'm sure that Dana White doesn't care because he is getting paid regardless, but from the fans standpoint a Chuck Liddell road back to victory is what I'm looking forward to.

Silva would ass rape Chuck even worse than Page did. Chuck has a chin made of glass.

I often don't care who wins as long as BLAF cries. Fact.

"Beating the man doesnt make you the man in terms of fame and draw. Shane Mosley beating ODL twice didnt make him a big PPV headliner. Rampage will not be able to headline like Chuck, at least for the near future. Chuck and Silva can headline but Chucks appeal has greatly diminished and not many casual fans know Wand. Chuck losing was BAD for the UFC. Maybe after MMA explodes and maintains in the mainstream and casual fans know of Rampage it would have transitioned well but now was not the time."

I disagree. Chuck losing wasnt bad for the UFC. Dana gets to make the big story of Chuck beatings prides best Wanderlei Silva, then he beats another opponent ________ ( <-- insert name here ). By hen he gets to fight the winner of Quinton Jackson and Dan Henderson. How does that not back sense? You get the Chuck Liddell fairy tell story ( LIKE RANDY ) of him coming back and avenge that one loss that plagues his record. With the end result having Chuck "The Iceman" Lidell the LHW Champion of the world, and Dana gets to prove his point, that UFC has always had the best fighters.