Is Dayz standalone game worth buying?

I enjoyed the arma II version.

Not sure if I want to dedicate time to the standalone version, though, especially if it is still buggy as hell. I hear it is still in beta mode and has been for a long time.

Curious to hear the opinions of those that have played it. Is it comparable to the arma II version? Better? Worse? Bugs tolerable?

Teach me, OG.

I play the dayz mod. My brother in law set it all up for me. I asked about the standalone after watching a few youtube vids. He told me to not bother with the standalone for a few years as its buggy all over. Phone Post 3.0

I bought it and played a bit. I spent a lot of time running. I also learned trust nobody. Fun. Not expensive. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks for the reply. Thats kinda what I figured. Bummer.

I haven't played the game in a while and was getting a hankering to play and was hoping the standalone version was up and running great.

Guess I will get the dust off my mod version and get to killing.

H1Z1 is better

Hmmm. H1Z1. Never heard of it.

googles

Sounds interesting. I see it on steam for 19.99 or 39.99.

Is the extra 20 worth it for the addition of event and airdrop tickets, crates, keys and the aviator hat crafting recipe?

PenetratedByPenne - Hmmm. H1Z1. Never heard of it.

googles

Sounds interesting. I see it on steam for 19.99 or 39.99.

Is the extra 20 worth it for the addition of event and airdrop tickets, crates, keys and the aviator hat crafting recipe?

You have no chance of ever getting your own air drop until you make a few friends.  The recipes, crates, and keys, are fluff.  The event tickets let you queue up for battle royale but you can find event tickets hidden throughout the game.

I love H1Z1, it has the potential to be a major blockbuster.  However, it is in an alpha stage right now and has some game breaking issues.

The biggest game breaking issue, in my opinion, keeps me from playing it at all until they fix it.  People can bug right through shelter walls.  If you build a shelter anyone can do a simple exploit to get through your walls and at anything you keep inside. 

Do you have safes with locks like in Dayz? Or is impossible to protect your stuff if someone gets in your shelter?

My decision on which game to start playing is getting more complicated, not less. This thread is backfiring on me.

Havent played it, but read a bunch. The thing youve got to remember before buying the standalone is that its not the official release build, its just an Alpha and still very much in development, it was just released very early for people to play and test.

DayZ and H1Z1 are the only games I'll watch on twitch. If I'm reading or checking something on the Internet those are good games to have being played in the background. Phone Post 3.0

droplogic -
fahker - DayZ and H1Z1 are the only games I'll watch on twitch. If I'm reading or checking something on the Internet those are good games to have being played in the background. Phone Post 3.0
PartiallyRoyal has an ongoing H1Z1 series, something like 25 episodes so far each 20 minutes long. Good way to kill time. I'm most interested in watching FrankieOnPCin1080p play H1Z1 since he did so many DayZ videos. He has one out so far. Phone Post 3.0
Thanks for the heads up I'll check them out. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks for the responses, guys.

VU droplogic for your posts. I was hoping to see a green arrow appear, but sadly, no. Maybe next time....

the new update is running pretty fucked up right now. zombies are constantly walking through doors again, and putting down a weapon in hand is almost guaranteed lost. i thought they were gonna nerf the zombies ruining your stuff with one nic also.