Is Eric Silva the result of poor matchmaking?

He's a good prospect, but he was never given the chance to build up a win streak, because he keeps getting thrown to the wolves.

He fights Charlie Brennerman, then gets thrown to Fitch. He then beats Jason High, and gets Don Kim. Then it's Takenori Sato, to Matt Brown.

The UFC never built him up like they do many good up and coming fighters, just like they've done Matt Brown.

Phone Post 3.0

It goes both ways I guess. The tough road he's been given could also have been a quick road to the top had it gone a little differently. Phone Post 3.0

There was a pic of him yesterday on my fbook in the hotel eating pizza.

I'm sure that's not a good thing to do before a five rounder. Phone Post 3.0

I think people forgot how well brown was doing before he got injured. Silva is a very talented young fighter and that couldve happened to anyone! Phone Post 3.0

In for the za Phone Post 3.0

You're not being fed to a wolf when you're a 2.5-1 favorite...I like Silva, he's entertaining and puts on good fights...tonight, he showed a lot of toughness and heart...but in a fight he was favored to win, over a guy who "hasn't fought anybody", he got taken to finishing school...in the end, he is what he is...

A .500 fighter.

It is incomprehensible to me how Silva was the favorite

Silva needs a new camp and work on cardio. Has tons of heart and talent but after 1 round he seems to fade big time. That said, If he hit other people with those body shots he probably would have won. Phone Post 3.0

Macedawgg -

It is incomprehensible to me how Silva was the favorite

Absolutely, made some $$$ on that fuckup by Vegas. Phone Post 3.0

Gojira Ninja - Easy fights don't happen often in the UFC, and they shouldn't. Phone Post 3.0
This.

And holy crap at that pic. Phone Post 3.0

It's cause he destroys the "lower level" guys Phone Post 3.0

"He fights Charlie Brennerman, then gets thrown to Fitch. He then beats Jason High, and gets Don Kim. Then it's Takenori Sato, to Matt Brown."

Everyone thought he was going to wreck Fitch and Kim, and most thought he'd wreck Brown. I don't think anyone at all thought he was being "thrown to the wolves" in any of those fights, and that no doubt includes the matchmakers.

Maybe it's because the guy isn't very good. It's not bad match making at this point. Phone Post 3.0

Silva is the new Roger Huerta.

Fitch, stun gun, and Matt brown were all winnable fights for him that could have launched his career, but his lack of defense/cardio allowed all three of those guys to rise to the occasion and beat him. Phone Post 3.0

To be fair roger huerta did beat guida. Silva should be better than he is but he is missing something. Phone Post 3.0

1a1 - To be fair roger huerta did beat guida. Silva should be better than he is but he is missing something. Phone Post 3.0

This, he is not overmatched against any guy he lost to and nearly put them all away iiirc

JOB - Silva is the new Roger Huerta.

He's more like a B version old vitor

He was the favorite over Brown coming in. Hard to say it's bad match making. Maybe he just isn't as good as the hype. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, I think he was given too big of jumps in competition, despite what oddsmakers and fans say. That's just my opinion though. He's got so much raw talent and guts he exceeds beyond his experience and comes close to winning these fights.

Who knows what his issues are, whether it's fight IQ, camp, drive in the gym, but he can absolutely pull a Matt Brown and right the ship with a career turnaround. I know I'd like to see it. He seems to physically have Anderson Silva type of potential. Phone Post 3.0