Is Fibromyalgia bullsh*t?

I think it is. It seems that all the people I hear about having it, just so happen to also be the biggest attention whoreing women I know. I don't think it's a coincidence that they all suffer from this ailment that nobody can dis/prove. Migraines too, they all have those as well. Is it too much to ask, to have a verifiable disease nowadays?

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that there aren't people in legit pain out there, that have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I'm saying that in my completely unprofessional opinion, most people that claim to have it, are attention seeking women. Phone Post

I agree with OP. PM me if you agree too Phone Post

Fibromyalgia is code word for "give me narcotics".

It's a joke Phone Post 3.0

Its legit.. maybe the people aren't Phone Post 3.0

Fabricated by big pharm research to sell more pills. Phone Post 3.0

It seems to flare up when someone needs attention or the house needs cleaning. Phone Post 3.0

I don't know if it is more about attention whoring or just being a lazy ass.

Morgan Freeman has it. Phone Post 3.0

Doctors diagnose it by process of elimination. They also go based on specific touch points on the body that cause immense amounts of pain. My mom has fibromyalgia and it's very real. She doesn't say she has fibromyalgia for the attention. She'll spend all day long up on her feet, cleaning the house and doing things for other people ((less now that it's gotten worse the older she's gotten)) but you can walk in on her, alone, sitting on the couch, sobbing because she's in so much pain. The second she sees you, she stops. She doesn't "claim" to be in pain, she genuinely is. She doesn't use it to get attention or drugs. For years, she's dealt with the pain without any drugs and now that she's been seeking help in order to even function, doctors are less than willing to either believe her or to help her out in any way. There are plenty of people who get prescriptions for anything they want who don't honestly need it but the people who do get told they're "making it up" by doctors who have never experienced it themselves. Same goes for anxiety/panic disorders. Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't actually affect a person. Not saying that everyone on the planet is telling the truth.. But it's unfair to make the assumption that all people who suffer from an unseen ailment are faking it. Phone Post 3.0

I can't vouch for fibromyalgia but I get migraines and they suck.

It's not just a bad headache - I feel like my eyes are being pushed out of my skull and the nausea is overwhelming. I have to go to bed when it comes on, it renders me completely helpless.

If people are upright and talking, they have a headache not a migraine. Phone Post 3.0

Short answer: ya

long answer: yes

Have you guys ever seen a fibromyalgia sufferer who for many years prior to diagnosis had NOT been completely sedentary, obese and/or otherwise incredibly unhealthy? Gee, you haven't used your body in several DECADES and you eat like shit and otherwise treat your body like shit and now you have pain and feel like shit...who would have seen that one coming??? Must be a disease!

TheMomma1026 - Doctors diagnose it by process of elimination. They also go based on specific touch points on the body that cause immense amounts of pain. My mom has fibromyalgia and it's very real. She doesn't say she has fibromyalgia for the attention. She'll spend all day long up on her feet, cleaning the house and doing things for other people ((less now that it's gotten worse the older she's gotten)) but you can walk in on her, alone, sitting on the couch, sobbing because she's in so much pain. The second she sees you, she stops. She doesn't "claim" to be in pain, she genuinely is. She doesn't use it to get attention or drugs. For years, she's dealt with the pain without any drugs and now that she's been seeking help in order to even function, doctors are less than willing to either believe her or to help her out in any way. There are plenty of people who get prescriptions for anything they want who don't honestly need it but the people who do get told they're "making it up" by doctors who have never experienced it themselves. Same goes for anxiety/panic disorders. Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't actually affect a person. Not saying that everyone on the planet is telling the truth.. But it's unfair to make the assumption that all people who suffer from an unseen ailment are faking it. Phone Post 3.0
In your face OP! Phone Post

TheMomma1026 - Doctors diagnose it by process of elimination. They also go based on specific touch points on the body that cause immense amounts of pain. My mom has fibromyalgia and it's very real. She doesn't say she has fibromyalgia for the attention. She'll spend all day long up on her feet, cleaning the house and doing things for other people ((less now that it's gotten worse the older she's gotten)) but you can walk in on her, alone, sitting on the couch, sobbing because she's in so much pain. The second she sees you, she stops. She doesn't "claim" to be in pain, she genuinely is. She doesn't use it to get attention or drugs. For years, she's dealt with the pain without any drugs and now that she's been seeking help in order to even function, doctors are less than willing to either believe her or to help her out in any way. There are plenty of people who get prescriptions for anything they want who don't honestly need it but the people who do get told they're "making it up" by doctors who have never experienced it themselves. Same goes for anxiety/panic disorders. Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't actually affect a person. Not saying that everyone on the planet is telling the truth.. But it's unfair to make the assumption that all people who suffer from an unseen ailment are faking it. Phone Post 3.0
Read my second paragraph. Phone Post

Res ipsa loquitar - No.

Your an idiot.
Judging by the responses, I would say you're very wrong. Phone Post

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
Read my second paragraph. Phone Post
I did. Post wasn't solely directed at you. Hence why I didn't quote your OP. Phone Post 3.0

Its an ailment commonly used by seekers because its impossible to rule out completely.

Res ipsa loquitar -
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - 
Res ipsa loquitar - No.

Your an idiot.
Judging by the responses, I would say you're very wrong. Phone Post

A bunch of people with no experience in the medical field on a site that believes all women are lazy, life sucking and gold digging whores?

You don't say?
No, I do say. Phone Post

Yes.

Just because we don't understand it yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to research the history of MS.

For years, those with multiple sclerosis were branded fakers. It tends to cluster in women, appear in the 40s when the need attention etc--basically the same patient group as fibromyalgia.

Physicians have a tendency to dismiss complaints that they cannot measure with a test, and push psych diagnoses on people.