Is GSP confirmed for ADCC ?

adccbarcelona.com/category/male/under-76-9-kg/ 

They have him listed as a competitor, but I know ADCC has announced others like Fedor before they agreed.  Also, I figured his UFC contract might be an issue.

That would be HUGE balls. He's become my second favorite fighter.

UFC contract is not really an issue. GSP competed in 2005 and lost to Leo Santos i believe. Jeff Monson, "Pe de Pano", Tito, Diego Sanchez, Ricco Rodriguez all competed while under contract with the UFC and did well with the exception of Diego.

^  It's probably a bit different in 2009 when GSP is one of their top 5 properties and there is much more money in the sport.

I doubt this happens.

They also have Maia and Yoshida listed.

JDolo -  GSP is still recovering from from pulling his abductor so it  sreally premature to expect he will be there guaranteed for this.

Thats what I figured, but the website certainly gives the impression that he's going to be there. 

i would love to say that he would get crushed, but in all seriousness if he competes hes an immediate contender for the championship (that includes marcelo).

In his most recent interview he said that he is still in a lot of pain so it is pretty unlikely.

Tyler Bishop - i would love to say that he would get crushed, but in all seriousness if he competes hes an immediate contender for the championship (that includes marcelo).

GSP is great at grappling for mma.

For a submissions grappling match, I think there are several people that could beat him at his weight class- including 3x champ Marcelo Garcia.

One Man Militia - GSP competed in 2005 and lost to Leo Santos i believe.
Yes I believe Leo armbarred him in about 1 minute IIRC.

Probably wouldnt happen again, but take away striking and I dont think GSP beats the top guys and to be perfectly honest, I doubt he would compete anyways. 

I imagine Dana would squash that pretty quick.

UFC fighters have done grappling tourneys with the UFC's blessing. Dana was against Sambo because there is a much higher likelyhood of getting injured as it is pretty much MMA light. Very little likelyhood of getting injured doing grappling matches.

GSP doesn't do these things to win, he does them to improve.

That is why he is great.

canuck34 - UFC fighters have done grappling tourneys with the UFC's blessing. Dana was against Sambo because there is a much higher likelyhood of getting injured as it is pretty much MMA light. Very little likelyhood of getting injured doing grappling matches.

GSP doesn't do these things to win, he does them to improve.

That is why he is great.
Hypothetical scenario:

Marcelo Garcia is in GSPs ADCC weight class.

Prior to the event, its reported Garcia is in discussions with Strikeforce for a multifight contract and is very close to signing with them.

Does Dana GSP to compete?

RenatoCocopreta - Does the ADCC test for roids?

no

"Does Dana GSP to compete?"

probably. Lots of UFC fighters have done ADCC in the past and lost.

Has Dana said that Sambo was actually an issue with signing Fedor?

Yes, but Dana's argument (in the interview that I saw) was a concern that Fedor could get injured while fighting Sambo because it was so close to MMA (such as breaking his hand while punching).

the Fertittas and the sheik of Abu Dhabi are buddies.