Is GSP the scaredest champ?

Hasn't legitimately finished a fight since 08. He is honestly afraid to engage anyone. Phone Post

pickledsoylentgreen80cent - 

Hasn't legitimately finished a fight since 08. He is honestly afraid to engage anyone. Phone Post

Yeah - he's always just standing back and never doing anything. He never ever engages - driving people into the ground and working them on the ground and making some of the best fighters look like they don't know what they're doing.

Umm...he beat Nick in the standup, what more did Diaz want?

You haven't legitimately finished a thought in this post.

I was just surprised the judges didnt score some of those fights a 10-8, GSP is just on another level.

WW is the most stacked division, with that kind of talent the top players typically go the distance.

Even Hendricks (who lost to Condit) did nothing.

He's one of the smartest fighters UFC has

pickledsoylentgreen80cent - Hasn't legitimately finished a fight since 08. He is honestly afraid to engage anyone. Phone Post

Except he just beat Diaz from pillar to post, in every aspect of MMA Phone Post

he is the best and he only fights the best so it really should not be surprising that he doesn't finish

but we all know his plan...
takedowns the first 2 rounds.
when opponent is tired then it's time to engage...

just don't promise a beatdown, when you really mean a hold down...atleast fitch knew he was a grinder..

Let's be honest, no GSP fights have been worth watching since Serra. That dude apparently put the fear in him because he used to be an exciting fighter. He is undoubtedly the best blanket in the game though. Phone Post

Haha! Voted down 10 times since I started this. I forgot how sensitive the UG can be. Phone Post

He doesn't finish but he doesn't lose either. Why is he scared again? Phone Post

FedorEmilioEstevez - He doesn't finish but he doesn't lose either. Why is he scared again? Phone Post

In just stating that GSP pre Serra and him post Serra are two entirely different people. He's not afraid of his opponents, he's afraid of losing. Phone Post

Yeah it's sad. So strange to me that the UFC has a roster full of killers... but sprinkled in are fighters like GSP.

GSP holding a UFC belt is the same thing as George Bush being elected president. Things that make you go, da fuck?

I mentioned this in another thread

GSP's style of fighting is the grappling equivalent to Machida and Anderson's style of fighting. Take the least amount of damage to assure career longevity. Alot of people complain he is not exciting, but these fighters are fighting for a living. Money is the common goal with all jobs. Right now, GSP does not need to fight for OTN bonuses, his paycheck is far pass that. With his style, he gains more time in the sport, which leads to more money. 

Tonight, as much as it fustrates me, he implented this style because he could. He got a good payday out of this, and its smart. When it all comes down to it, he is doing the smart thing to secure his spot. As champion and with his popularity, he just needs to maintain his spot. When he was working for the title, he had to make his case for contender/champion. That case has been made, and now it is about maintaining. 

I am not trying to fighter bash him in anyway, as I do think this is smart strategy for his goals. Does it lead to exciting fights? Not exactly.Is it viewer friendly? No always. Do I personally find it enjoyable? Not always, his control and way to take the fight where he needs it is always appreciated though. But when it all comes down to it. He is securing his spot and his status. 

UGCTT_ScarecrowRio -

I mentioned this in another thread

GSP's style of fighting is the grappling equivalent to Machida and Anderson's style of fighting. Take the least amount of damage to assure career longevity. Alot of people complain he is not exciting, but these fighters are fighting for a living. Money is the common goal with all jobs. Right now, GSP does not need to fight for OTN bonuses, his paycheck is far pass that. With his style, he gains more time in the sport, which leads to more money. 

Tonight, as much as it fustrates me, he implented this style because he could. He got a good payday out of this, and its smart. When it all comes down to it, he is doing the smart thing to secure his spot. As champion and with his popularity, he just needs to maintain his spot. When he was working for the title, he had to make his case for contender/champion. That case has been made, and now it is about maintaining. 

I am not trying to fighter bash him in anyway, as I do think this is smart strategy for his goals. Does it lead to exciting fights? Not exactly.Is it viewer friendly? No always. Do I personally find it enjoyable? Not always, his control and way to take the fight where he needs it is always appreciated though. But when it all comes down to it. He is securing his spot and his status. 

I agree with that 100%. It's the smart thing to do without a doubt but as a fan it has gotten stale. Phone Post

pickledsoylentgreen80cent - Haha! Voted down 10 times since I started this. I forgot how sensitive the UG can be. Phone Post

Why cuz people disagree with you and you made up the word scaredest?? Phone Post

Gsp didn't beat anybody down last night, he tried, but Nick's defense is too good.

charms434 -
pickledsoylentgreen80cent - Haha! Voted down 10 times since I started this. I forgot how sensitive the UG can be. Phone Post

Why cuz people disagree with you and you made up the word scaredest?? Phone Post

Haha! I expected arguments not just vote downs. I'm just use to the OG. And yeah, I'm pretty sure I just made up scaredest... I was not in a proper state when I made this. Phone Post