Is Homestead, Florida not so nice?

I Google imaged it and the first category that appeared was ghetto. Just curious. Don't want to offend any Homesteaders. :-) Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Z NEDCMK1 - 

Overtown

Stay away.

First Google image category there is gangs. lol!!!!

Is it in Florida? There's your answer.

Z NEDCMK1 - 

First 48 has ALOT of the Miami episodes filmed there.

You should check out the Liberty Square area, it is much much nicer. Great neighborhood.

First Google image category there is projects. Do you remember the terrorists from there? One of my really good buddies from high school was one of the arresting FBI agents. 

Stupidnewbie - Is it in Florida? There's your answer.

Que Bugs!!!

Stupidnewbie - Is it in Florida? There's your answer.

Oh bro, I bet it has nice parts... Right?

Z NEDCMK1 - 

I deeply apologize, I confused Homestead with another part of Miami. Overtown is not in Homestead, sorry again.

I forgive you bro. Not everyone can keep all of the Florida ghettos straight all of the time. Yaaaaaaaaay!!!!

Overtown is in Miami and you don't go there. Had to return a Comcast box once and that's where it ended up being. I U turned quick. Phone Post 3.0

Homestead is the 2nd to last city before you get to the Keys. It's 30 to 40 mins south of Miami. I grew up there. It was a decent place until hurricane Andrew wrecked it. They closed the air base after that, businesses never reopened. It had taken it a long time to rebound. Phone Post 3.0

I_Bungalo_Baboo_Babies - Overtown is in Miami and you don't go there. Had to return a Comcast box once and that's where it ended up being. I U turned quick. Phone Post 3.0

You didn't even get to return it?

TFK_Yekim - Homestead is the 2nd to last city before you get to the Keys. It's 30 to 40 mins south of Miami. I grew up there. It was a decent place until hurricane Andrew wrecked it. They closed the air base after that, businesses never reopened. It had taken it a long time to rebound. Phone Post 3.0

Not a lot of jobs to be had there? So a whole lot of nothing and poverty going on? Maybe it can make a rebound. Yaaayayayaayyay!!!!!!!

When Hurricane Andrew hit Homestead, it did a billion dollars of improvements.