Is it difficult being a psychopath?

I have known several people who I think were psychopaths, none of them were killers.

A few did some prison time for financial crimes, but hey seemingly gave zero fucks, not when they did it, not when they got caught, and not when they got out. They didn’t seem changed when they got out either.

They were able to always operate solely for their personal gain with no care for others, and no remorse for those they hurt, and no shame in what they have done.

Crooked hedge fund managers, insider trading shit, scams that sunk firms and cost people their livelihoods, and so on and so forth.

They just roll on with an extreme level of self interest.

Do you think life is generally easier for psychopaths than normal people?

4 Likes

Well since one of the defining traits of a psychopath is lack of empathy, probably it’s easy for them.
They never feel bad for the people they screw over. Perfect for someone int he finance industry, in fact, it’s probably encouraged.

3 Likes

I think it’s easier for sure; To only care about yourself, only invest in your own thoughts and desires. But it also sounds a lot lonelier. I mostly feel bad for them. They will never know real joy.

I don’t care about others…

4 Likes
4 Likes

I think Jordon Belfort is a great example. Guy fucked everyone in his path for his own good, went to prison (I know someone who was locked up with him) and didn’t change a bit, was still full of shit. Was half full of shit in his book, and is now hawking sales seminars to low rent sales people.

I had some work overlap with Raj Rajaratman, yeah, most likely a psychopath.

I have dealt with quite a few very well known and notorious hedge fund managers, they don’t seem human.

My real life experience is all in finance.

I had someone close to me completely fuck me and I ended up involved in federal investigations and under subpoena for years, I’ll be happy if I never get deposed in a conference room ever again. I almost lost my career, and afterwards he acted like he had no idea what I was talking about. He didn’t even seem nervous when I confronted him. Didn’t phase him one bit, and it was all for like $10k - $15k in his pocket. He definitely is a psychopath.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I think it depends. Having empathy and a conscience makes easier to do the right thing. And in the long run doing the right things probably leads to a happier and more robustly built life. You will build networks of other good people, etc.

I’d bet 90% of our politician’s are psychopaths and that gives the rest a bad name

2 Likes

I’m convinced that you need to be a psycho to run for office. Few other jobs require that you not give a single fuck what anyone (including your supporters) think of you. People like to say it takes thick skin. I say it requires a person devoid of emotion. A person that pretends to show emotion, making sure the correct emotion is displayed at the correct time. And sometimes someone likes Kamala slips through who is unable to show the correct emotion at the correct time. Her weakness is obviously loud cackles at inappropriate times.

3 Likes

It’s never bothered me.

2 Likes

Awesome quick read, ty.

I feel like i am becoming one more and more from the world’s ever increasing stupidity.

Wasn’t there a study done about correlating CEOs to psychopaths? Anyway, we are only at the beginning of understanding our brains so all these studies have to be taken with tons of salt, but yeah, not giving as much of a shit about others certainly helps in these types of profiles.

edit: The Psychopathic CEO

2 Likes

It seems it’s great to be a psychopath.

What are the downsides, for the psychopath?

1 Like

Yes. How could it not be?

2 Likes

It hurts them a lot more when they can’t get a table at Dorsia

1 Like

Eternity in hell sucks

I will just point out that Rajaratman translated means King Rat Man.

that’s all i have on that.

Sounds like it:

“For decades, researchers studying psychopathy have characterized the disorder as a profound inability to process emotions such as empathy, remorse, or regret”

“While psychopaths show a specific lack in emotions, such as anxiety, fear and sadness, they can feel other emotions, such as happiness, joy, surprise and disgust, in a similar way as most of us would.”