is it Karma or a JOB experience?

there is good wisdom in the teachings of Buddhism but I'm not fully convinced on this concept of Karma when we can observe a lot of successful jerks.  Their jerk karma should probably prevent them from becoming so successful yet they scheme their way to success, power, privelege and enjoy the spoils of "the lifestyles of the Rich and Famous".

then I have researched suffering and it seems a lot of HOLY people suffered greatly.  I have this small book purchased from the dollar store "A Saint For All Reasons" and each page is a different Saint with a small biography and what is interesting is how so many of these HOLY people suffered terrible miseries.  Just look at Jesus, he suffered a lot, he was crucified!  

Of course there is the lesson of JOB that told the story of a good fellow which endured a miserable experience of great suffering.  And people can say look he got the BIG WIN in the end he is blessed, but look also what he lost too!  He had a good life which probably would not trade for his BIG WIN in the end if given the choice in the matter.  

also if there is karma and one jjudges another in his suffering as deserving because "bad karma" well that is bad karma too because the judger is not practicing compassion for the suffering.  

Life is a mystery.  Perhaps we are "blessed" in different ways, each learning their lesson in the way that is necassary to their unique purpose which may seem "unfair" to our human observation.  

Maybe that annoying old lady which dodged a mishap claiming "I know God was looking out for me" perhaps God really was looking out for her because she serves some unknown seemingly insignificant purpose we cannot understand.  

Perahps that "jerk" which believes his "Secret/Prosperity Gospel" really is Blessed and maybe that Good Fellow suffering round after round of miseries is on a path to becoming a Saint and his riches are beyond the knowing of this dimension.  

Not all poor people are Saints and not all Rich People are scoundrels  If your life is good then be humble and thankful for your good fortune that your efforts were "blessed".  If you suffer then may you grow in rich in spirit. 

a message from my Yogi-tea which I keep as a mantra:  "When you act with compassion you will never be wrong"  BIG WIN!  

Lol you can't actually be this stupid right? 

Buddhists/Hindus believe in reincarnation. They believe that Karma determines your reward IN THE NEXT LIFE, not this one.

Jayn200 -

Lol you can't actually be this stupid right? 

I will not engage in vulgar insults.  It's either sinful or bad karma, perhaps both?  I will instead take THE HIGH ROAD!  

phydeau - Buddhists/Hindus believe in reincarnation. They believe that Karma determines your reward IN THE NEXT LIFE, not this one.

so they do not believe actions in the current life have any karmic consequences on that present life?  So one can be a Scoundrel and it will have no impact on his current existance?  

The Paradoxical Commandments by Dr. Kent M. Keith

People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway.

If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Do good anyway.

If you are successful, you win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway.

The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.

Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway.

The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds. Think big anyway.

People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs. Fight for a few underdogs anyway.

What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway.

People really need help but may attack you if you do help them. Help people anyway.

Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you have anyway.

in my research and reading it has been learned that suffering teaches compassion and that is how we grow in spirit and closer in relationship to God.  

Suffering is humbling.  When we are humbled we learn to become more compassionate.  It can be a Holy Experience which Inspires Spiritual Evolution.  It can also suck really bad so be compassionate to those who suffer and probably best not to tell them "you are lucky to have such a Holy Experience" and instead to just lend them your ears and shoulders for support.

TFK Walnut -

The Paradoxical Commandments by Dr. Kent M. Keith

People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway.

If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Do good anyway.

If you are successful, you win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway.

The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.

Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway.

The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds. Think big anyway.

People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs. Fight for a few underdogs anyway.

What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway.

People really need help but may attack you if you do help them. Help people anyway.

Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you have anyway.

thank you!

1 Like