Is it me, or was "The Thing" a ridiculously scary

movie?

I never really thought any movie was scary, but I remember watching that as a kid and thinking, "WTF! Who let me watch this? His goddamn head fell off and sprouted spider legs!"

It was horrifying.

Fuck yea. I couldn't finish it the first time I tried...I was too scared like a lil bitch Phone Post 3.0

Nope Phone Post

The Thing (1982) is a classic, one of the best horror movies of all time.

The Antarctic is a brilliant setting for horror in general, i'm surprised more movies/video games don't use it more.

Did you see the remake? It was just iiight.

"Did you see the remake? It was just iiight."

Nope. I forgot they even made one.

The Opening scene is one of my favorite intros ever, the chopper flying over the endless snow as they follow the dog, the guy yelling at the people in Norwegian to stay away from the dog and they don't understand him and it turns to chaos so fast.

Perfect pace to start a movie imo lol

Great movie. Scared the shit outta me as a kid. I had nightmares that my dog was an alien in disguise for quite a while. Phone Post 3.0

John Carpenter theme songs are scary as hell.

The Thing is my Citizen Kane. It is awesome on every level. Phone Post 3.0

You could feel the paranoia, the actors pulled that shit off perfectly.

One of the few horror movies that doesn't have a "date". It's hard to follow the footsteps of a masterpiece like this. But, I thought the remake did a great job of mixing the two. Bringing the story together.

They was no remake it was a prequel.

DSoV - The Thing (1982) is a classic, one of the best horror movies of all time.

The Antarctic is a brilliant setting for horror in general, i'm surprised more movies/video games don't use it more.

its wasn't a remake. i don't want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it but

SPOILER BELOW

it takes place at the facility the dog was coming from in the first one. it's a prequel. and well done imo.

Some movies can be watched multiple times. When you see this one on a channel, you're like "Fuck it, I've seen it 5 or 6 times. but its a solid movie". Like Alien/Aliens. Wasn't Alien like 1979? That movie still holds weight. Jaws? That movie did a great job of keeping me out of the ocean.<br />

and to be fair, carpenters was a remake also. the original movie (The Thing from Another World) was based on a short story/book . But John's was fukin amazingly scary when i was younger. it's funny to watch it with chicks. i make sure its dark and i have the surround sound on. smoke a few bowls and laugh at them screaming.

True enough. Wasn't a remake. Bad choice of words.

It didn't really scare me but I was a fucked up kid that grew up on horror movies.

I just thought it was really cool. Phone Post 3.0

DSoV - The Thing (1982) is a classic, one of the best horror movies of all time.

There one with Kate Beckinsale that occurs in the Arctic regions.... Kind of the stranded in the middle of nowhere deal Phone Post 3.0

its all good. i really like how it tied into John's remake. i watched it all the way through thinking it was a remake then, BAM! right in the kisser, i was like WTF?!

You guys are right, it was a prequel, I forgot.

while we're on the topic of cult classic horror movies, you guys should check out "Scanners" & "Videodrome" 2 other badass films from back in the day.