Is it possible...

That Aldo isn't injured and this is all just a huge ploy to bring attention to the fight? Seems odd that they want "doctors opinion" two days later to decide on a fight that's less than three weeks away. You should know whether you're hurt or not.

Well, "hurt" and "too hurt to fight" aren't the same thing. Phone Post 3.0

I was thinking this today. I've hardly ever seen mma in the newspapers here in Ireland. Today it's on the back page. People in work who have no interest in mma where talking about this fight. Phone Post 3.0

Suppose it's possible. Very unlikely though imo.

Plus, who's idea would it have been? I cant see Aldo deciding to do that himself and if it's the UFC's idea I doubt they'd manage to get Aldo to do it who hasn't exactly been what you'd call a company guy as of late whereas Conor is the definition of a company man.

Technical Primates - 

Suppose it's possible. Very unlikely though imo.

Plus, who's idea would it have been? I cant see Aldo deciding to do that himself and if it's the UFC's idea I doubt they'd manage to get Aldo to do it who hasn't exactly been what you'd call a company guy as of late whereas Conor is the definition of a company man.

If some cash was slipped my way I'd let a teammate start a rumour that I hurt my rib. It's not like Aldo himself came out and told everyone.

I was really stoned last night and thinking about this

There was a rumor that he was injured a day before this all happened and he denied that he was injured. The next day he has a broken rib.

Maybe after the rumor started, they realized if they ran with the "injured" line they might be able to get into
McGregor's head a little bit. Maybe make him take his training a little less seriously or make him lose a little bit of sleep, idk

Almost 100% sure that isn't what happened but this seems like a tin-foil hat kinda thread anyways