Is it too late for me?

I'm 25, never had any training just like a couple of months of BJJ and kickboxing, I will be 26 in october, is it too late for me to start right now going pro or should I just think about it as a hobby?

Everyone should have dreams and goals.

But you are getting way ahead of yourself.

Why don't you find out if you are any good at it first?

no! start training!

bro, just start training, make it a priority, spar as much as possible, take smokers when you feel ready, and go from there...you are not too old by any means, but you have to find out if this is the life you want. Its a rough way to make a living, and true success is hard to achieve. best of luck man, you have one life to live, make it worth living.

I started training at 27 and had my first pro fight at 31 - so NO it's not too late, just start training

It's far too late.

(Built a gym at 36 and started training 5 days a week for my one amateur fight).

anybody can be a pro... srsly

you need to listen to tony robbins

You'll be ready after 6 months of sprawl training  

I took my first bjj class at 25, one of the best decisions I have ever made.

Posted from my mma underground iPhone app

Never too late. I started three years ago and I took some time off. I am turning 25 and I am going back! I can't wait. Find a gym and instructor you love and go for it.

Jesus, 25 and you feel old? There are people in their 60's starting BJJ. If you feel you need to be the champion of the world then maybe yes its too old, but set realistic goals and you'll find yourself rewarded!

G2010

Please ignore this -- double post by accident. Had to delete it... ***

It's never too late! There are many people here that started at a later age. It will also depend on what you would like to accomplish. Many train to stay in shape and have fun. Some like to test their skills and compete regularly. Either way you you will benefit from training!

Your never too old, I train with ppl older who started later an still fight Phone Post

Werdum started training at age 21.

Bas started at 21 also.

Krzysztof Soszynski started at around 26.

And the list goes on... you'd be surprised at how many fighters who started training for the first time in their 20's.

Is it too late?!? Absolutely not!
Randy Couture has TWO DECADES on you and is still fighting at an extremely high level.
Last summer I had a guy join my gym that was well into his 50's. He worked real hard and is actually holding his own (BJJ).

more than likely a hobby unless youre already an athlete of some type. its possble to get the skills up or whatever but youll get injuries easier and longer recovery times... that is unless you juice.

trainingformma - Is it too late?!? Absolutely not!
Randy Couture has TWO DECADES on you and is still fighting at an extremely high level.
Last summer I had a guy join my gym that was well into his 50's. He worked real hard and is actually holding his own (BJJ).

key word is still fighting.... but hes been wrestling his whole life pretty much..

Current WBA, former WBO and IBF lightweight boxing champ Nate Campbell was 24 the first day he stepped into a boxing gym.