Is it too late for me?

carelton haselrig just started MMA at 40-41 yrs oldn doing pretty good

I've been thinking the same thing. I'm 23 and out of shape. Used to play football, run 5k's, etc. I have no kind of training. I'd like to get into some kind of training regimen, but have no idea where to get started. Any advice? Phone Post

Dude... Start Training Man!!!!

NO it's not too late, just start training, good luck.

Its Not Late...
Go for it....

I'm in a similar situation. Never had any training. I'm 25 and I'll be 26 in October. I want to fight, and I want to fight professionally. I went ahead and just started training 3 weeks ago, and I'm glad I went ahead and just did it.

Its never too late ...just start man...

It never is too late as long as you have the time and the passion for the sport. You still have along way to go, A lot of people in sports retire around the age of 40 so you still have more than a decade ahead of you in BJJ and kickboxing

how long can people go on about their lives and wonder about whether they can seriously do something or not without even bothering to fucking try it at all is completely beyond me. you cant find out until you actually try it. this is especially considering this is something that is important enough where the person posts something here. obviously they are reaching out for some sort of answer that nobody can fucking answer but themselves. get off the fucking computer and go train NOW.

a better question to ask is do you have the fucking balls to try anyways, regardless of the results. MOST and I mean MOST people that ask this shit are fucking pussies that want some person to go out there and be like, "yea you can do it!" like its some easy shit. then they go out and feel good about themselves and you know what happens after that? they either keep putting it off like a pussy or they go and fucking train and get smashed. If you even have to ask if it is too late for you, then honestly this shit doesnt look good for you, it shows you are not educated in the field and not particularly confident. the real question you should ask yourself as a poster has previously stated is: can you handle it or not? whether or not it is too late for you seeing that you are at a decent age is not the case, it is whether or not you have already let yourself become defeated in your own mind. The fact that you even ask, is giving you the option of quitting. These sort of people are the type of people that want things the easy way, they want to be given the answers so they don't have to try so hard and find them on their own. The first question is either, "is it too late for me?" or "can i really do it/is it easy enough for me to do." This is usually followed by more BITCH logic, "what is the secret to getting good quick." Note the process 'bitch logic' progresses. They are always looking for the easy way out. The truth of the matter is there is no fucking secret to getting good and achieving success, the fucking secret is obvious! Try as hard as you fucking can and keep having faith.

The fact that people even bother asking these questions shows that they dont have faith and that is a major setback, a real driven motherfucker that wants success doesnt fucking ask is it too late for me? he asks wtf do i gotta do to fucking be the man?! the answer is fucking train, and train hard.

spoken with full truth ^^^

supersaiyan knows what is up, all these other guys asking if they have what it takes are dreaming up kid shit. "mommy, mommy, when i grow up im going to be a..........."

Edan - I'm 25, never had any training just like a couple of months of BJJ and kickboxing, I will be 26 in october, is it too late for me to start right now going pro or should I just think about it as a hobby?

I was going to post the same thing today and came across your thread. I had a couple BJJ classes but workout with a friend regularly that wrestled and he knows how bad I want to try my hand in MMA. He tells me to jump in and do it but it's not something to "test the waters" at because there is too much of a commitment needed to actually know if you can do it. So, I ask...anyone in the north texas area that works with guys to go after this goal but doesnt charge an arm and a leg? PMs are welcome as well.

Knarkilla - 
Edan - I'm 25, never had any training just like a couple of months of BJJ and kickboxing, I will be 26 in october, is it too late for me to start right now going pro or should I just think about it as a hobby?

I was going to post the same thing today and came across your thread. I had a couple BJJ classes but workout with a friend regularly that wrestled and he knows how bad I want to try my hand in MMA. He tells me to jump in and do it but it's not something to "test the waters" at because there is too much of a commitment needed to actually know if you can do it. So, I ask...anyone in the north texas area that works with guys to go after this goal but doesnt charge an arm and a leg? PMs are welcome as well.

150 a month is pretty normal, if you dont want to pay then you obviously dont want to train bad enough to ever even amount to a shitty fighter. shits pretty cheap if you actually train at least 5 times a weak and do more than one class. were not talking an arm and a leg, we're talking about little bitches bitching and making excuses.

if u guys asking " am i too old" why would u let it be a deciding factor by someone else regardless...

DO WHAT U WANT TO DO in life n let no one stop you

i started BJJ at 25 and NO i didnt ask ppl if i was too old n crap either...i went in cuz i wanted to try it.

if u guys see and hear of instructors of MMA/judo/bJJ n other arts teaching ...at ages 50-70/or competing ...please save yourself the silly "am i too old" jargon unless u are 40+

supersaiyan - carelton haselrig just started MMA at 40-41 yrs oldn doing pretty good

I just turned 42, and this week I'm signing up for an MMA school, just cause I want to get in BETTER shape, learn how to defend my self, and also because I love the sport in general. I've taken kickboxing classes here and there (no JJ, or anything else) so I pretty much know how to position my hands, feet etc, but I of course want to know the other areas of MMA as well. Phone Post

keep it going bro .. u will be fine and do your thing with your wisdom... i say go for it ... your reasons are mine hahahah...i dont really care about being MMA chamnp or stuff ..i love it for what it is and overall benefits :)

No, definitely not too old. But I would ask yourself is it something you really want, because seriously for the time and energy required, there are probably easier and less painful ways to make a living. If you haven't got a shot at being a champion, don't do it, because there is no money to be made.

If you just want to get in shape and challenge yourself, just do it as a hobby.

I have a story for all you fucking pussy bitches whining about 'oh am I too old?' wah wah wah.

So I started doing bjj a couple years ago, and my first instructor was Lily Pagle. This woman started doing bjj about 15 years ago and now she as a black belt in both bjj and judo. Oh so what is the big deal? The big fucking deal is she started doing bjj in her 40s, and now has a black belt in her 50s. She still teaches class everyday at the Modern Combatives gym in Berkeley, California. She still rolls and trains on a very frequent basis as well. So to all you fucking pussy ass bitches that are like oh it is too late for me! Go cry about never doing anything worthwhile in life because you thought it was too hard. This lady started way later than you and still trains today. Oh, did I forget to mention she is a woman? Think about what that means, for a woman to train mma and bjj 15 years ago was unheard of! So there you go you fucking bitches, and yea, if you don't like what I say, even though what I say is based on common sense, the truth, and actual experience, then maybe you should join an mma gym and get good enough to beat my ass! That would stick it to me good.

victorchensky - 
Knarkilla - 

150 a month is pretty normal, if you dont want to pay then you obviously dont want to train bad enough to ever even amount to a shitty fighter. shits pretty cheap if you actually train at least 5 times a weak and do more than one class. were not talking an arm and a leg, we're talking about little bitches bitching and making excuses.

exacltly ... the least i paid for month to month was 140 but average is at least 150 ...and u get unlimited .. that 150 goes a freaking long ass way man . for those spots u pretty much couldhave 6 to 8 classes a day ( as i did )

The school I signed up for is $200 for two months, and after that it's $119 a month, with NO CONTRACT. I bought a package from the school which had a mouthpiece, shin guards, 16oz. boxing gloves, MMA gloves, wraps, and a t-shirt with the school name on it as well. I start my first class on Tuesday at 6, which is the Muay Tai class, and at 7 is the MMA class. Looking forward to shedding this friggin flab, and to learn something new at the same token. Phone Post