Is James Toney vs Ken Shamrock still happening?

Does anyone know if its still on?

Yep, on a Battleship.

If Ken has already gotten his signing bonus, it's very unlikely he'll show.

But officially, yes, it's still on.

Supposed to be Sept 23rd in El Paso TX with modified rules.

8) 3 minute rounds with maximum of 30 seconds on the ground before they get stood back up.

Let's hope not.

kanotoa - I hope ken does a 360 on Toney's foot like he did to tht guy in Pancrase.

In all seriousness, some sort of severe leglock injury seems like something boxers dabbling in MMA should be more concerned about. It could totally fuck their boxing careers. Obviously Toney is kind of a joke case, but I think increasingly we're going to see legit boxers/kickboxers trying out MMA. Imagine if Tyrone Spong got his knee destroyed in his first MMA fight or something.

Last I heard, Toney is training for a boxing match.

Looks like former multi-division world champion James “Lights Out” Toney (73-6-3, 44 KOs) will be in Moscow on November 5 to face top cruiserweight fighter Denis Lebedev (22-1, 17 KOs). “James Toney offended Denis Lebedev and we accept his challenge,” stated Vladimir Hryunov, Lebedev’s manager. “We booked Megasport Arena on November 5. Fifteen thousand spectators will be able to see this show.” On May 21, Lebedev scored a brutal tenth round KO against another American legend, Roy Jones Jr.

Also on the card, undefeated light heavyweight Ukrainian star Ismayl Sillakh (16-0, 13 KOs) will face Chris Henry (25-2, 20 KOs) for the opportunity to go into the ring against the Hopkins-Dawson winner for the WBC light heavyweight championship.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/toney-lebedev-update-95057

What a joke this matchup is.

Shame on you Ken Shamrock for taking the sport back 15 years

Chimonos Revenge - What a joke this matchup is.

Unlike the UFC and Randy Couture?

I'll ask him next time I see him. He lifts with his son at the gym I work at. Phone Post

Chimonos Revenge - What a joke this matchup is.

GTFO with this. Shamrock is one of the biggest reasons why the UFC is at the level its at now.

according to chael the match wont happen

According to Ken the match is happening. Or supposed to as long as everything goes well. He's been doin his strength training at my gym with a trainer...and he looks like he's in pretty decent shape. I'll try and get more details. Phone Post