Is Jones vs Cormier first undefeated LHW title..

Total 21
Wins 20
By knockout 9
By submission 6
By decision 5
Losses 1

Don not think both are undefeated so no it is not.

ima zombie -
FrankShamrocksBraces - Rashad/Machida Phone Post 3.0
Came to post this, also I believe (although I'm not sure) this was the first time 2 undefeated fighters faced off for a title in any weight class. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah what's cool is the fight before that was against an undefeated Thiago Silva. So no matter if silva or machida won it was gonna be a battle of undefeated fighters for the belt Phone Post 3.0

ima zombie -
UGCTT_CrestRio -
ima zombie -
UGCTT_CrestRio -
Billyz - Someones O has got to go.
Actually excited to see this fight happen although I don't know how Cormier does it I'll be rooting for him
Same.

I know DC's wrestling is miles ahead, but I am fearing this is a very similar fight to Jones vs Hashad. Both styles are somewhat the same, except DC has better wrestling, but isnt as light on his feet.

I want DC to win, but damn, Jones range may be abit much.

And I acknowledge that DC has faced fighters with bigger reach, but Jones has had a much more consistent basis of using his reach to its full advantage, where the Heavies DC faced have not.

However, I suppose DC has also had a consistent basis of closing distance. Very intriguing fight Phone Post 3.0
I think DC is a going to be a lot more aggressive than Rashad was, i don't see DC being tentative. If I was him I wouldn't be too worried about the power in jones hands (or lack there of) more so his kicks, I hope Cormier throws a lot of leg kicks comes forward super aggressive, cuts off the cage to takedown/GnP. We saw in the Glover fight jons Dirty boxing has evolved and I'm excited for this fight in the clinch, most interesting area of the fight. Other than jones being on his back for an extended period of time ofcourse haha Phone Post 3.0
Thats true, DC is gonna be a ton more aggressive pursuing the TD

However, I do think if DC makes it into the clinch range, he can secure the takedown. From what I have seen, he is able to bully people in the clinch very well. However, Jon Jones does have fantastic Greco, I dont see him being able to easily use it on DC like he has with others.

Clinch is a big area in this fight, but the difference in distance is gonna be the biggest part of this fight, as most JBJ fights are, besides the Gus fight I suppose.

Jones off his back however, thats going to be also interesting to see. He has displayed he has an understanding of the game off his back, if I recall, swiftly pulling Rampage into a triangle, but I think DC can outmuscle it if that happens.

50/50 on this one, and coming off Weidman/Machida, has brought that excitement back, Jones/DC, Lawler/Brown, Pettis/Melendez going to keep it going. Phone Post 3.0
the main thing I would be worried about if I was DC would be closing that distance, making it a Guida esq fight. I don't really put any merit to that half ass triangle he put rampage at the end of the round, but maybe he will surprise us off his back, I just really don't see it with a wrestler like DC on top of him, his control and positioning are so good. People say jones really got his heart tested in the Gus fight but it think it would be a more testament to his heart if he gets held down, pounded on,doesn't get frustrated and gets back up to his feet. Or submit him, ala silva/sonnen1 I just don't see Jon staying cool like Silva in that same situation. Phone Post 3.0
Agreed. I honestly do not think Jones could handle a beating on the ground very well. He has never been there before, and I do think his ego/confidence would crumble quite a bit in that situation.

I dont think DC will want to take the Guida route, as thatd ruin his chances on the scorecards, and took risky of JJ taking advantage of him at a distance with his striking. DC will have to go into this aggressive and push Jones from the beginning Phone Post 3.0