Is Josh Rosenthal the new best in the business?

He's never involved in controversy, he treats the fighters with respect and enforces the rules.

He's unremarkable in a lot of ways because people don't remember what fights he's reffed, but for a referee isn't that a good thing?

+1

totally agree. a referee should never be such a presence that he is distracting. in fact, rosenthal is probably one of the most active refs that is never mentioned in any major fight as having an impact on the fight. i cant recall any thread where they said "rosenthal fucked that fight"

+1

Rosenthal's consistency and inconspicuous presence make him the anti-Landless.

"PHIL ARE YOU OKAY?? PHIL DO YOU WANT OUT??"

Josh "Rosie" Rosenthal is the best ref in the business. No early stoppages, just when he has to.

Big John was off his ass last night as any other ref would have stopped us from seeing one of the best comebacks ever.

yeah, great work.

definitely one of the best...because u never hear of him

VTFU!!!

I used my one VTFU for the OP. Josh is a fantastic ref.

I was thinking the exact same thing tonight.
He's an excellent ref.

There was the controversy with the Sonnen/Filho stoppage, but it turned out he was completely correct there too.

This thread just jinxed him. He will fuck up his next fight. :(

Josh built his way up from the smaller shows.I know of at least 6 of them before UFC or Strikeforce.

Yves Lavigne.

I've always been a fan of Josh as a ref, I wish they would use him even more often than they do.

homegrowncone - He's never involved in controversy, he treats the fighters with respect and enforces the rules.

He's unremarkable in a lot of ways because people don't remember what fights he's reffed, but for a referee isn't that a good thing?

Yep. Was thinking that yesterday. Excellent ref and, as you say, the fact that you can't remember the fights he's officiated speaks volumes about his performance.

Yeah, he's the man.

TTT for an exceptional ref! Rosenthal is setting a new standard.