Is Maia in danger of being cut?

rosario00 -
nogblublt - Maia vs Jacare in SF Phone Post

Jacare by superior BJJ (not by much though) and better striking and power and takedowns

Cardio is the same Phone Post

I agree, except I think Jacare has way more power. Phone Post

I don't want to watch Maia fight anymore. His MMA grappling is not nearly what is was, and that was his best atribute. His striking is improving, but he ain't gonna beat many guys on the roster with it. His wrestling and cardio are nothing impressive. I don't see the need for him on the roster at this point...

He was sick, so I'd say Dana was happy he fought. Phone Post

So Maia easily outstrikes guys like Santiago and Miller and he is the one that needs to get cut? Great idea. That said, Maia's only gameplan should be just to get the fight to the ground.

Irule - They should trade him to StrikeForce for Jacare.

Trade one guy who abandoned his best asset for a guy who did the same thing.

No. Phone Post

Leck Brosnar - So Maia easily outstrikes guys like Santiago and Miller and he is the one that needs to get cut? Great idea. That said, Maia's only gameplan should be just to get the fight to the ground.

The thing about Maia trying to get it to the ground is true, but when he's falling down trying to pull guard like in the Anderson fight, it makes the fans crazy because it shows his entire offense has been nullified. Werdum has good enough striking to at least provide another offensive threat to his opponents.
Maia has a straight left hand that has been easily be avoided.

I think another L and its off to Strikeforce he goes just like Jardine. Phone Post