Is Maia Ready for Nate?

I like his style, want him to win, and feel like he could be a strong contender after a few more fights. But, he's had trouble with strong ground and pound. Nate's going to be a handful for him.

ready as he's gonna be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNNMiV0tgPs blue namer please..

I have a feeling damian is going to be a little too much to handle on the ground for nate.

not to hate on nate, but Maia is going to make him look old and slow

abenny - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNNMiV0tgPs blue namer please..

I have a feeling damian is going to be a little too much to handle on the ground for nate.

i think we are talking about nate marquardt. . .

Yes, I should have specified. His UPCOMING OPPONENT Nate MARQUARDT.

The Quarry fight already happened and yes, he was too much for that Nate.

whoops :X
yeah that changes things a lot i still think damian will win via superior jiu jitsu and heart

I think Nate is a harder fight for him style-wise than even Anderson is.So I'm confused as to why they'd make this fight as anderson needs credible contenders.Weird.

I agree it seems like a very tough matchup. Im pulling for demian, but I see Marquadt handling him on the feet and being able to avoid the ground game almost entirely. Hope im wrong.

From what I've seen of their kickboxing, Nate wins on the feet. But Maia has some unbelievable ground skills.

it's going to be a great fight

I think Nate beats him much worse than he beat Gouviea.

ttt

cqjnell - I like his style, want him to win, and feel like he could be a strong contender after a few more fights. But, he's had trouble with strong ground and pound. Nate's going to be a handful for him.

When has Maia had trouble with anyone recently? 

No but we'll see what happens.

Nate is a monster.....his stand up is way to much for maia, GREAT JITZ isnt enough anymore. Nate also has a strong ground game. and is , physically way stronger. Bad match up for maia

Nate's a BJJ black belt himself and he's miles ahead in the striking department. Has Maia had trouble with anyone recently? Jason McDonald did just fine early in their bout, and he doesn't have any of Nate's credentials except red hair.

I like Maia, I really really do. I would love to train with the guy. That said, Nate is a bad matchup for him. I think Nate is going to make a statement.