Is Maia Ready for Nate?

I think Nate is just too well rounded for Maia. But I want Maia to win!

Recently, Maia has looked unstoppable! But earlier on, especially when he fought Herman, he didn't do too well defending against the ground and pound. He got battered in the first round against Herman, but did pull off the victory and that's all that matters. I just think Nate will be much stronger and more capable of finishing than Ed Herman. I REALLY want him to win this, I just think it's a terrible matchup for him and think he may need 1-2 more fights to gain some more cage experience before jumping right to the top of the heap. Maia will rule the division once he rounds off his game.

Domingo - Nate's a BJJ black belt himself and he's miles ahead in the striking department. Has Maia had trouble with anyone recently? Jason McDonald did just fine early in their bout, and he doesn't have any of Nate's credentials except red hair.

I agree with this. I am a huge fan of both, and cant really pick between the two, but Nate is a much at everything than McDonald. It took Maia a while to finish him. I would have to lean towards Nate for the well roundedness.

huge fan of Maia but i gotta agree i think Nate will be too much for him.
i hope i'm wrong but well see

Can't call this one. I can't wait for it though!

Bill Mahoney - I think Nate is a harder fight for him style-wise than even Anderson is.So I'm confused as to why they'd make this fight as anderson needs credible contenders.Weird.

I agree 100%.

Nate is way too experienced, well-rounded, and intelligent IMO.  Nate also has an amazing ground game, and although it's not pretty, he's excellent at neutralizing excellent submission-based grapplers, and he's fought a ton of them (Salaverry, Lister, Leites, Horn, Doerkson, Castillo, etc.)

The only guys that have been able to submit him were Genki and Almeida when they were both in their primes and very early on in Nate's career.

I actually see Nate putting a healthy beating on Maia.

Maia is going to have  his hands full with Marquardt.

I am biased but I dont know how Maia can win against Nate. Nate will beat him either by TKO or decision

Big Mike - I am biased but I dont know how Maia can win against Nate.

^
/_\

This fight will end with Nate tapping out.

Nate will beat Maia pretty convincingly.

Maia by submission Round 1. Nates Jiu-Jitsu is just good enough to get him trouble with Maia.

Bet.

LittleC - Maia by submission Round 1. Nates Jiu-Jitsu is just good enough to get him trouble with Maia.

Bet.

I like the way you put that.

I can definitely see Maia subbing Nate, but I can also see Nate keeping it standing and possibly hurting Maia with strikes

Nate has this one.

ttt

inf0 - Maia will win.

Just take a look at Marquardt's losses.. they're almost entirely to grapplers.

So are a most of his wins, he's just been matched up with quite a few grapplers.

Big Mike - I am biased but I dont know how Maia can win against Nate.

Allow me to help you with that Big Mike. He can win by submission, decision or KO/TKO or ref stoppage.

"But, he's had trouble with strong ground and pound."

WTF???

What fight has Maia ever had trouble with GnPers???

The man pulls guard on wrestlers!!!

We haven't seen Maia take a lot of heavy shots before and Nate is definitely going to test his chin.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some flashbacks to either Nate's fight with Lister or his fight with Kampmann.