Is Nicaragua a good place for a single guy to..

For a single guy to visit and maybe retire some day?

Are the living conditions for a guy from Murica good?

Is the cost of living good?

Are the women pretty and friendly?

I'm pretty sure Daniel Ortega and his Sandanista cronies have taken over the country again.

Depends on what you are looking for. Nicaragua is still fairly untapped and wild compared to other places. In the sense that it hasn't been over run with gringos. Although there is definitely tourism. Nicaragua can be quite magical if you like outdoors type stuff but there are pros and cons if you actually want to live there. Depending on what you like, it could be an awesome place to retire. Or not.

Nicaragua is the second poorest country in the western hemisphere. The good thing about that is everything is dirt cheap so you can live like a king.

The living conditions are nothing like the US. Nicaragua has one real city, the capital Managua. That is the only place you would have a semblance of real city life. Managua is also a bit of a dump and can be fairly dangerous.

The pros of Nicaragua are that it is very cheap and that it is actually one of the safest countries in latin America. That doesn't always mean "safe" as safe would be in the US outside the third world ghettos. Definitely safe enough if you aren't a fool.

If you don't live in Managua, the other nice cities are Granada, Leon, and Esteli.

Granada - Really cool colonial town on the lake. Very tropical colonial vibe. Not a bad place to retire if that is your thing. Quite a few reitirees out there.

Leon - a colonial college town, it has some cool things and a cool colonial vibe. A bit more run down.

Esteli - a mountain town that is cooler temp than Granada and Leon which are both quite hot. Not a bad place but it certainly isn't comparable to a US city but it has everything your need and is surrounded by mountainous jungle.

You will have a considerably lower cost of living and standard of living. You will experience electrical outages etc. Slower internet. Overall everything works well enough with lowered expectations.

There are some hot chicks there but Nicaragua is on the lower end of the latin american spectrum of hot chicks. That is the truth.

People are pretty friendly out there.

GucciGucciGucci - 

I'm pretty sure Daniel Ortega and his Sandanista cronies have taken over the country again.

Hu? What do you mean

This is what you are looking at.

Granada:

Nicaraguans tienen chorizos como caballos. You'll love it.

Great info, TexDeuce.

TexDeuce, did you live there?

TexDeuce - Depends on what you are looking for. Nicaragua is still fairly untapped and wild compared to other place. In the sense that it hasn't been over run with gringos like Costa Rica. Although some parts have a good amount of tourists. Nicaragua can be quite magical if you like outdoors type stuff but there are pros and cons if you actually want to live there.

Nicaragua is the second poorest country in the western hemisphere. The good thing about that is everything is dirt cheap so you can live like a king.

The living conditions are nothing like the US. Nicaragua has one real city, the capital Managua. That is the only place you would have a semblance of real city life. Managua is also a bit of a dump and can be fairly dangerous.

The pros of Nicaragua are that it is very cheap and that it is actually one of the safest countries in latin America. That doesn't always mean "safe" as safe would be in the US outside the third world ghettos.

If you don't live in Managua, the other nice cities are Granada, Leon, and Esteli.

Granada - Really cool colonial town on the lake. Very tropical colonial vibe. Not a bad place to retire if that is your thing. Quite a few reitirees out there.

Leon - a colonial college town, it has some cool things and a cool colonial vibe. A bit more run down.

Esteli - a mountain town that is cooler temp than Granada and Leon which are both quite hot. Not a bad place but it certainly isn't comparable to a US city but it has everything your need and is surrounded by mountainous jungle.

You will have a considerably lower cost of living and standard of living. You will experience electrical outages etc. Slower internet.

There are some hot chicks there but Nicaragua is on the lower end of the latin american spectrum of hot chicks. That is the truth.

People are pretty friendly out there.

Nicepost andthank you..

I am not ready to retire but I AM THINKING AHEAD. AI WANT TO TRAVEL TO SOME COUNTRIES TO SEE WHERE THE DECENT LOOKING WOMEN ARE AND WHERE THE COST OF LIVING OR VACATIONING IS GOOD. I AM SINGLE AND WOULD LIKE TO MEET SOME HOT CHICKS. I HEAR A LOT ABOUT cOLOMBIAN WOMEN BUT i ALSO HER THAT THEY ARE A BIT STUCK UP AND ARE HARD TO GET.

Also I dont speak much Spanish at all.

So what country would you suggest in Central or South america for good looking women (less native looking ) and and a decent cost of living.

Sorry about the caps

If you have the dough you can live like a drug lord in a badass colonial house.

I was in Nica last summer, and spent some time in Granada. To visit I would say that it's great--lots of cool history, outdoor activities, and people are friendly. Food isn't the best.

Some places to rent (or buy) have nice views overlooking the town or with the volcano in view. It is pretty cool.

Some drunk older gentleman I randomly met in an airport in the Middle East told me he loves it there and pays $3-5 for hookers. He also said he pays $50 a month for a live in maid and bought a condo for less than $50,000. Don't know how much of what he said is true due to his level of inebriation and general sketchiness.

ShortyMac -

Some drunk older gentleman I randomly met in an airport in the Middle East told me he loves it there and pays $3-5 for hookers. He also said he pays $50 a month for a live in maid and bought a condo for less than $50,000. Don't know how much of what he said is true due to his level of inebriation and general sketchiness.

That is all true, though a maid that does everything will cost more like $100-$150. I don't know about the hooker part. If he is paying $3 for a hooker she is probably off the streets and that probably isn't a good idea.

But yes everything is cheap. You can find houses for cheaper than that for sure. Or you can buy a nice colonial house for a good price. Or if you want to spend some money (like buying a regular nice house in the US) you can live like a Narco drug lord in some badass colonial Villa.

Online everything is over priced but if you live there and can speak Spanish you get better deals.

Something to remember though if you are going to retire there. As you age you tend to need doctors visits more frequently and that shit can be a pain in Latin American countries. A lot of times there is a line out the door waiting and it is on a first come first serve basis where people get there at 8am when it opens and wait all day. Plus insurance issue can be a big hassle. 

No. Dysentery is a motherfucker, and you will be hustled for money every day of your life. Visit to find out.

I know when I'm old I want 3rd world doctors tending to my list of health issues.  

In for pics of native ladies

fags