Is Nick Diaz being set up?

Dana White is actively trying to expand and make MMA mainstream. We also
Know he has problems with Nick Diaz(despite whatever little meetings they have had, i cannot imagine the UFC being happy with the idea of Diaz representing them). Diaz is probably not the best fighter to represent the sport while trying to get mainstream acceptance. He has a History of pot smoking, foul language, fights outside of the cage, not playing the game etc... Why would Dana chance GSP losing to Diaz? GSP is White's poster/golden boy for the UFC. Dana knows Diaz is complaining about money MMA fighters make... So - Dana makes an offer to Diaz to fight for the UFC belt. Offers Diaz a nice sized payday to sweeten the deal. Diaz has to vacate the Strikeforce belt to fight GSP (Diaz is now out of Strikeforce - no contract to honor). Dana must KNOW 100% in his heart and business mind that GSP is going to win. He wouldn't risk Diaz being the champ during this time of expanding the sport- trying to get the sport sanctioned in NYC etc... Diaz loses to GSP and a month later is released by UFC. Diaz us out of Zuffa's hair, out of UFC and Strikeforce. Dana proves UFC fighters are "the best" and continues to push MMA in NYC and everywhere else with his Golden boy GSP. As we know in MMA anything can happen. If by chance Diaz catches GSP I am betting on an IMMEDIATE rematch. What do you guys think? Does it seem strange that White would risk his Golden boy at a time when he is good for the sport just because it's "the fight fans want to see"? Do you think Zuffa would be okay with Diaz representing the UFC as a champ? Notice Dana didnt push for the Silva vs GSP fight. Dana must be confident GSP will beat Diaz and it is a match up that gets Diaz out of UFC and Strikeforce - 2 birds 1 stone. Curious as to what you guys think. Phone Post

Punctuation? Phone Post

Not Blabbing. Speculating. Based on Dana and Diaz's relationship. That is why I asked what your thoughts were. do you think it is possible was the question. Phone Post

Tinerrz - Punctuation? - can you please correct my post since it isn't up to your standards? I am interested how you would punctuate it. Thanks. Phone Post

Nice conspiracy theory... but to assume that Dana White assumes "100%" that GSP is going to win ain't realistic... Love or hate Dana, he's a smart man... Love or hate Nick, he's a bad dude with the heart of a lion...

A lot of folks will disagree with this, but I think Diaz is an excellent representative for the sport. He's extremely loyal, fights to finish, and again, love him or hate him, he's exciting.

He has an 8 fight contract either way. So you will have to put up with him for at least a couple years Phone Post

its possible , but hell alot of things come into play with all the match-ups ....Dana aint no dummy ....I always wondered why Matt Serra was so ready to go to Canada for the rematch with GSP

Don't get me wrong. I like Diaz. I would like to see him compete for awhile in the UFC. But just because he has a contract does not guarantee he doesn't get cut. Phone Post

original kriner - He has an 8 fight contract either way. So you will have to put up with him for at least a couple years Phone Post

8 fight contract? Wow. Phone Post

paragraphs

It's 8 fights with either promotion. So if he loses he could go back with strikeforce. So I guess I'm partially right. Phone Post

Hit return once and awhile.

Dana and Diaz's relationship is fine.

Dana has said on numerous occasions that he likes Nick...

I honestly think he set up the fight for a few reasons.
1. It's a great fight.

2. GSP has no other challengers right now.

3. It's what the fans wanted, Dana has always listened to the fans and tried to make fights we want to see, happen. Phone Post

Sorry about the Frat but when posting from an iPhone it doesn't allow me to make paragraphs. Phone Post

Original k - I thought he had to vacate his belt with Strikeforce, no? If he loses he is allowed to go to Strikeforce? Does he get an immediate title shot? Phone Post

Conspiracy really? Maybe Dana saw diaz as the challenger and GsP unwilling to move up. This is the best scenario with most money to be made and everyones happy. Fans like the fights gsp likes the fight Diaz does and UFC's wallet does. Win win all the way around Phone Post

The iPhone's app doesn't allow paragraphs?

Dude are you serious?

Like deadly serious?? Phone Post

You're reading WAY too much into it.

My2cents - Sorry about the Frat but when posting from an iPhone it doesn't allow me to make paragraphs. Phone Post

Yea man, the new update allows you to break your paragraphs up and whatnot... Phone Post

J_Swift - The iPhone's app doesn't allow paragraphs?

Dude are you serious?

Like deadly serious?? Phone Post

I think it allows you to quote people too now. I think it might also allow you to make paragraphs.

I also think that you aren't really too keen on how the UFC likes to operate. Dana knows Diaz has a chance. There's always a chance. Also, if he he thought anybody was a 100% guarantee to win, it wouldn't be GSP. Did you happen to forget the Serra fight?? Phone Post