Is no showing your graduation okay?

If someone was getting a degreee and didn't feel like going to all that ceremonial nonsense, wouldn't be a big deal correct? 

University of Phoenix has a ceremony?

I didn't go to high school graduation and that was no big deal...College is even less of a big deal

I never went to my graduation from university. I was 27, was working full time already and pretty much sick of the education system at that anyways.

If you want to go, go. If not, don't go. You get your degree either way.

lol

I didnt attend when i got my undergrad. I was so fukin angry at the time. When I get my graduate degree im going go. Not for me, but as an example for my kids, and a "hat tip" to everyone that has helped me along the way.

wres157 - University of Phoenix has a ceremony?

You son of a bitch...

If you have no friends graduating to bond with or family to watch you march, then skipping it isn't a big deal.

I planned to skip my BSc convocation but I ended up going because my grandmother wanted to go.  Skipped my PhD convocation.

I didn't go to my college graduation.

It doesn't mean shit. Who cares that much anyway? We all die dude, live happy if you can. 

Do what you like op. 

ryanJ - 

I didn't go to high school graduation and that was no big deal...College is even less of a big deal

For my high school, attending graduation and behaving appropriately was an arbitrary "graduation requirement". When you crossed the stage, they gave you a blank, rolled-up piece of paper. Only after the event did you receive your diploma in the mail.

I did not attend, as I graduated a semester early and had joined the army when I was 17 (actually went to basic when I was 16). So even though I had a transcript showing "graduated", I did not have a diploma. When I contacted my high school to obtain one, I was told that I had not completed the graduation requirement. People that had skipped graduation or "behaved inappropriately" were being forced to do an obscene amount of community service. One guy had gotten 400 hours for no-showing, and a girl I knew got 200 hours because her family cheered when her name was called.

I tried to explain that I had graduated early, and was in Fort Jackson, South Carolina. The school secretary was a gigantic, condescending bitch and said the military was a good place for dropouts. She just refused to accept I had graduated early. I ended up calling the county school system, and they got me a diploma in around a week.

I never went for college

AnthonyWeiner -
ryanJ - 

For my high school, attending graduation and behaving appropriately was an arbitrary "graduation requirement". When you crossed the stage, they gave you a blank, rolled-up piece of paper. Only after the event did you receive your diploma in the mail.

I did not attend, as I graduated a semester early and had joined the army when I was 17 (actually went to basic when I was 16). So even though I had a transcript showing "graduated", I did not have a diploma. When I contacted my high school to obtain one, I was told that I had not completed the graduation requirement. People that had skipped graduation or "behaved inappropriately" were being forced to do an obscene amount of community service. One guy had gotten 400 hours for no-showing, and a girl I knew got 200 hours because her family cheered when her name was called.

I tried to explain that I had graduated early, and was in Fort Jackson, South Carolina. The school secretary was a gigantic, condescending bitch and said the military was a good place for dropouts. She just refused to accept I had graduated early. I ended up calling the county school system, and they got me a diploma in around a week.

Wow what a cunt. 

theINFAMOUScarpe - 
AnthonyWeiner -
ryanJ - 

Wow what a cunt. 

Standard for small-town school administrators. The power trip is unbelievable.

trauMMAjunkie - I didnt attend when i got my undergrad. I was so fukin angry at the time. When I get my graduate degree im going go. Not for me, but as an example for my kids, and a "hat tip" to everyone that has helped me along the way.
You going to a ceremony is in no way a hat tip to anyone but yourself. Not that you shouldn't, but don't try and think it's for anyone else you selfish OG bastard

opieandjimmy - 
AnthonyWeiner -
ryanJ - 

What year was this?

I didn't go to mine and never regretted it and felt like I missed something. My dad was angry about it though. So the only part that you might want to consider is if family wants to see it.

Region Rat -
trauMMAjunkie - I didnt attend when i got my undergrad. I was so fukin angry at the time. When I get my graduate degree im going go. Not for me, but as an example for my kids, and a "hat tip" to everyone that has helped me along the way.
You going to a ceremony is in no way a hat tip to anyone but yourself. Not that you shouldn't, but don't try and think it's for anyone else you selfish OG bastard

right. there are maybe some moms out there that really want to see something like that, but for most, it is a day of dread. Even some mothers who act excited are secretly dreading it. 

It is a long, miserable, boring day. Usually very hot, as well.