Is Palhares mentally challenged?

caposa - 

he is confused by doors

This here is the funniest part of the thread

Betwithme - He has a black belt... How dumb could he be? Phone Post 3.0

Have you ever heard of the term idiot savant? Well. that's Paul Harris

He just tapped Jake Shields with an awesome kimura so if he's a retard, he's a bloody talented one Phone Post 3.0

Yes. His reaction times are insanely slow. Phone Post 3.0

Also look at the marquadt fight and the other one where he celebrated early. Phone Post 3.0

I think the answer is pretty clearly yes. Growing up in abject poverty definitely stunted his mental development. He seems confused by just about everything, and there are stories about him doing really odd things in training. I wouldn't be surprised to find out he's illiterate.

Well he doesn't have genius strength! Phone Post 3.0

I sure hope he finds his baseball. Phone Post 3.0

Palhares stripped of title. Phone Post 3.0

Brilliant grappler, sadly a dolt Phone Post 3.0

cfv - Brilliant grappler, sadly a dolt Phone Post 3.0

Yup. And so much so that he can't even fall back on being a BJJ instructor.

He's like an uber dangerous toddler. Phone Post 3.0

Powered by BALCO - He came from absolute poverty w/ no education.

"Palhares is like a 12 years old kid. He was raised in a farm in Brazil, and you can’t picture a farm in Iowa. He’s so naive. The reality is, he has a completely different mindset. They’re born like Indians, and it’s like getting an Indian from the jungle and expect them to live here." - Renzo Gracie Phone Post 3.0
Anyone whose trained has dealt with newbs who come in and are super strong. And they don't realize it. Thing is, by the time they get to blue/purple belt or have a few years under their belt they can turn it on and control it.

Paul Harris is a multi-year black belt and he still hurts people. I can't fathom it beyond him wanting to do it. Phone Post 3.0

Moist Gracie -
DalyDentedDecimated'sDome -
TKD LOL - 
Moist Gracie - In his post fight interview they asked him what happened and he said "Palhares do bad thing?" Phone Post 3.0
That's one of the funniest things I've ever read. Lost it in bed reading this and woke my wife up Phone Post 3.0

Reminds me of Animal from Muppet BAbies.  Nanny scolded Animal for something.

Animal responded, 

"Aminal bad?"

Exactly!! I was imaging a cross between Animal and Lenny from Of Mice and Men.

"Palhares don't know why Palhares do bad thing. Do you still love Palhares?" Phone Post 3.0
I think that he's probably a savage neanderthal like the hulk. “Paul Harris smash tiny man's leg” Phone Post 3.0

Actual quote from a high level grappler at the 2011 ADCC's "he's super nice, just really fucking dumb" Phone Post 3.0

His manger should just enroll him in some behavioral/social classes and a sport psychologist. It'll help him deal with himself and better his chances with AC. Phone Post 3.0

Moist Gracie - In his post fight interview they asked him what happened and he said "Palhares do bad thing?" Phone Post 3.0

Like Mongo in Blazing Saddles.

caposa -

he is confused by doors

I'm done. Phone Post 3.0

caposa -

he is confused by doors

Dead. Phone Post 3.0

Apparently his portugese is so bad even Brazilians have trouble understanding him. Phone Post 3.0