Is Rickson Aware......?

"He has the necessary nasty streak to do just fine in NHB matches"...
"Unfortunately he wasn't willing to try and prove that against a credible opponent back when he was young enough to do so."

Good point, because as I posted, he put his butt on the line for free, lots of times. Maybe it was because he was making lots of dosh, fighting Takarda etc. I do know that when he entered the first and second Japan Vale Tudo, he was very happy to fight ANYBODY. That would have included young Bas from Pancress, not his fault if Bas was not cleared by Pancress to fight in another org.

As per my first post, he was very up for rolling and fighting with anyone (at that time).

I am not saying he is a mma god, what I am saying he is a proven NHB fighter, from a world where bad things happen to people, who cannot back it up. If any of todays fighters walked in to his gym in Brazil, at that time, with their current skills, he would have done a match. I dont know if he would have won but what I do know, is that he did not display the same killer instict, in his japan vale tudo matches, as he did in his dojo fights, the year before.

You do not see him hurting (BADLY) the people he was fighting to much in JVT. The year before, he was smashing people.

One things for sure in my mind, many people here think he is over rated but many people under value his skills.

Truly wish he had, had the chance to fight a top mma guy but I guess he is a thow back to an age where, continuing to ram someones head, into a wall, after they are out,was ok. He is, to this day, still a great guy to be around and even better he has made some cash. He does not walk around the 7-11, gving people the 1000 yard stare, like a lot of MMA wanna bee do, these days. Fador is very much like that too.

Bas also would not have thrown the fight as many have alleged that Funaki did. In any case, Bas challenged Rickson well after the Funaki match and Rickson never responded. A number of the older fighters are coming back out these days; Bas has recently fought, Ruas is fighting Mo Smith this year, etc. Of course, unless it is against the tomato can of the year for $5 million, don't expect to hear from Rickson.

Rickson by aura.

C'mon, it isn't like he's Chuck Norris.

With all respect for Bas, at this moment, I dont think he has much chance against Rickson.

"With all respect for Bas, at this moment, I dont think he has much chance against Rickson"

yeah, Rickson's been on a tear lately...

he sits down like a girl when he pees. I bet you did not know that, hah.!!

Funaki didn't throw the fight. Rickson blew his knee out with an upkick. Watch it. If he did the same thing to Bas, the haters would cry work because that's what they do.

ttt

wonder how many of you jerk off to the choke dvd...

Rickson haters have an unhealthy obsession.

CruJones, I have a healthy sex life thank you.

Do gods care what ants mutter about them?

I like Rickson, and I know absolutely nothing about him.

I think him winning 2 8 man old school tournies and beating funaki should get him some respect as an old school mma fighter. I think he could of hung w/ most of the top guys from 92-96 like Ruas, Oleg, Bas, Hume, Paulson, etc...