Is Rory best WW in the world now, and is this...

Stu Cazzo -

Just fucking stop already - he’s not the best.  You fucking Canadians try this shit every 3 months...

Lol.  This.

Bellator has absolutely proven their Champs and top fighter are world class and can hang.

Bellator definitely has an argument that they have the best WW in the world. Rory is the youngest in the top 5 too.

Rory lost close fights with Robbie, but age is starting to catch up to Robbie. Rory had an off night against Stephen Thompson. It happens. And of course, he has a win over the UFC champion, something he would most likely do again.

passing of the garv

Brabatross - With Woodley as champ in the UFC, that makes Rory the best WW in the world right now.

That’s not how this works - he couldn’t beat a couple of the contenders including Carlos.

I would pick Masvidal over him as well.

Go home Canada - you drank too much again.

Stu Cazzo -
Brabatross - With Woodley as champ in the UFC, that makes Rory the best WW in the world right now.

That’s not how this works - he couldn’t beat a couple of the contenders including Carlos.

Rory was not even drinking age when he fought Carlos...

TheRealJoker -
Stu Cazzo -

Cool - discount that contender too.

He still lost to Robbie twice and had absolutely nothing for Wonder.

Good input from almost everyone.  Refreshing to see that we can actually have intelligible discussion on this forum, still. Thanks guys.

HoldMeCloser -
Stu Cazzo -
TheRealJoker -
Stu Cazzo -

yeah but he completely owned woodley who destroyed both those guys. and we all know robbie was on sauce

That’s not how this works.  He’s not better than people he lost to until he actually beats them.

“That’s not how this works. He’s not better than people he lost to until he actually beats them.”

So he is better than the UFC champion then? I agree.

Nope but he’s top five for sure.

With that being said, I thought Lima won last night.

Rory got rewarded for doing zero damage and leaning against Lima on a cage.

He showed amazing toughness but that means he took an ass whooping and survived.

He couldn’t beat Benny on his best day

when his leg looked broken, i thought he couldnt survive. but he did

apparantly it wasnt broken, but still impressive

TexDeuce - Bellator has absolutely proven their Champs and top fighter are world class and can hang.

I agree 100% but Rory isn't even the 3rd best ww in the world. 

Carogan -
Stu Cazzo -
HoldMeCloser -
Stu Cazzo -
TheRealJoker -
Stu Cazzo -

yeah but he completely owned woodley who destroyed both those guys. and we all know robbie was on sauce

That’s not how this works.  He’s not better than people he lost to until he actually beats them.

So based on your stupid logic there is no "best" WW champion then, amirite?

According to your logic Rory will always be the mythical champion as long as Woodley holds the belt even though their fight was three years ago.

Carogan - 
keithws2 - Nope but he's top five for sure.

With that being said, I thought Lima won last night.

Rory got rewarded for doing zero damage and leaning against Lima on a cage.

He showed amazing toughness but that means he took an ass whooping and survived.

Interesting.  I had Rory winning 1,2 and 5 for sure but I'm admittedly bias.  Lima gave a hell of a fight so I'm not surprised some might have him winning. 

I'm interested to hear what rounds you scored for Lima?

I had Lima 3 rounds, Rory 2 rounds.

Have to watch the fight again to remember which rounds.

I really don’t put much into controlling a clinch and doing zero damage. Rory took a beating and Lima looked like he left a sparring session.

I don’t think it was a robbery and it was close based on positioning but Lima clearly beat Macdonald’s ass. I hate it when fights are difficult to score despite one person dishing out all of the damage.

Best welterweight at getting points.

2 judges scored it 49-46 Rory, which blows my fucking mind. 48-47 Rory is probably the right score, givin the scoring system. Lima won the damage battle by a mile, and clearly won 2 rounds.

Rory and Lima should rematch for a clear winner