Is Roy Nelson hurting VADA?

MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ - 

Fans pay for clean fights or just fights? I think most fans dont care about that and just want action and finishes by ko or sub. Regardless VADA cant be taken seriously with a guy like Conte involved. What athlete would trust their careers with him when he is making personal attacks. Phone Post

So do you have any proof of Victor Conte actually being involved in VADA, outside of Dr. Goodman saying he was a consultant?

I'm not trying to be a dick, but in another thread you said you disagreed that he was just consulting and told me not to believe everything I read. So I was wondering what you had heard.

And if Conte were in charge of VADA, why would he release positive results for Andre Berto, a known user of his supplements?

I can't speak for all fans but I think it's safe to assume that most fans do care if one person or team is cheating to win, so I'm pretty sure fans do care to pay for clean fights. I know I do so I think that's an invalid assumption on your part to say fans just wanna see fights regardless of whether someone isnt abiding by the rules or not.

Anyway, like someone else said, I don't think Roy is hurting VADA at all considering I would've never heard of VADA if it weren't for Roy being so vocal about it in the first place so I disagree with Ben Fowlkes on this, and on most of the shit that he writes.

MrVivian -
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ -  VADA is a joke. Personally attacking fighters and on witch hunts with the shady Victor Conte. Bad mouthing and personal attacks on guys like marquez, mitrione and carwin. Good luck being taken seriously! Phone Post

Hey Mike, I've seen you previously post something about Victor Conte and it seems it is always directed towards a negative frame. Really I could care less what you think of him personally but I have to ask, why such hate for the man? I realize his past and from his words he claims to be an Anti-doping advocate now.

Am I missing some info on this man? I was wondering if you might be able to shed some light.

Conte talks a LOT of shit. Mike is totally justified to feel the way he does. Phone Post

The intent is in the right place.

Roy's delivery leads something to be desired though.

It isn't Roy's place to "clean up the sport".

Just worry about yourself.

VADA is hurting everyone. A pretend testing agency that made their name as close to the real one as possible. WADA already exists.

I think it's obvious why fighters dont like VADA. Because most of them take preformance drugs, but know how to beat the regular testing. The fans seem split on weather they care or not, but to me cheating is cheating. Why should fighters like Nelson who don't take drugs be penilized?

BJ and Roy are going about this completely wrong. They are using VADA as a self-promotional tool and as a passive aggressive way to throw accusations towards their opponents.

VADA would be wise to tell Roy to go fuck himself, I would, however, in a diplomatic way of course :D

Ray is a terrible spokesperson, calling people roiders if they don't participate. I don't care to see Roy fight anymore. I used to have a soft sport for him, but holy crap he's beyond annoying!

whoabro - 
MrVivian -
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ -  VADA is a joke. Personally attacking fighters and on witch hunts with the shady Victor Conte. Bad mouthing and personal attacks on guys like marquez, mitrione and carwin. Good luck being taken seriously! Phone Post

Hey Mike, I've seen you previously post something about Victor Conte and it seems it is always directed towards a negative frame. Really I could care less what you think of him personally but I have to ask, why such hate for the man? I realize his past and from his words he claims to be an Anti-doping advocate now.

Am I missing some info on this man? I was wondering if you might be able to shed some light.

Conte talks a LOT of shit. Mike is totally justified to feel the way he does. Phone Post

Oh I don't doubt he does after listening to him on the JRE, I was just hoping for an elaboration on whether he was an anti-doping advocate like he claims or is there something deeper that I am missing.

He is a scumbag who personally attacks fighters for attention and because they dont submit to VADA 'S non mandatory testing. The guy is a joke. No athlete in their right mind would have anything to do with him. Phone Post

I followed him on twitter until he blocked me for debating him. He is a very negative person on twitter and like i said the personal attacks on athletes is out of line, especially from someone with his past Phone Post

LOL at the guys on here saying they pay for clean fights. There is no such thing in high level sports and im not just talking mma. Like Marquez strength trainer said, doping will never go away. You cut the head off and a new one grows. Phone Post

Here's that shady crook Conte on JRE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azzhD2QJ8B0

TuLegit - 

Hes the only reason fans even know what VADA is so no... id say hes not. Phone Post

wasn't BJ the first?

If people want as clean as possible why not use WADA the olympic one, as far as I know they aren't run by shady dicks

The war on drugs in sports is as hopeless as the war on drugs in America.

Cant understand why anyone would think that VADA is a bad thing.

We need to support Roy and VADA if we want to make steps towards a cleaner sport. The UFC and the athletic commission are doing nothing to stop it.

Billytk - 
Teddy KGB - Cant understand why anyone would think that VADA is a bad thing.

We need to support Roy and VADA if we want to make steps towards a cleaner sport. The UFC and the athletic commission are doing nothing to stop it.

VADA is way to shady and full of corrupt assholes to be the company used to clean anything up, they are just shy of extortionists and I wouldn't trust anything they did. Roy while he could have been a decent spokesperson for clean fighting has gone full heel with it and used testing as a form of bullying and mind games and has done more to push people away from testing then to pull them towards it.

Good testing isn't a bad idea but using VADA to do it and Roy to promote it IS

Who exactly in VADA is a shady and corrupt asshole?

Teddy KGB - Cant understand why anyone would think that VADA is a bad thing.

We don't need to support Roy [or BJ] in anything but their fights. They're using VADA as an excuse to throw passive-aggressive accusations.

VADA has no authority, and is accountable to no one. It's someone's scheme to make themselves an important figure in the MMA world, like that ex-FBI agent inventing WAMMA, and the "MMA Fighter's Association" or whatever before it.

Only a fool would leave their reputation in the hands of someone like Victor Conte, when they have absolutely nothing to gain by doing so.