Is Royce wearing a gi

In his fight with Akebono?

Didn't he say he'd never fight without the gi?

I think he will. He didn't wear it last time because of the shannanagans with his fight and the ref from a previous fight.

Yeah he did, but in the rematch with Yoshida he took the gi top off.

Almost a yr ago exactly he fought Yoshida for the 2nd time. He didn't wear his gi for that fight. That was the first time he has never worn it as far as I know. The gi gives the wearer more subs but it also lets your apponent grab you easier. It worked for him (that he didn't wear it) against Yoshi.

Also, he used Yoshi's gi against him. He kept grabing the sleeve at the wrist for leverage and once he pulled it completly over Yoshi's hand.

Well if I Nearly/Supposedly/Had-the Ref-Believing that I got choked down by my gi, I'd take it off too.

Please, he wasn't choked. I think you just like saying controversial stuff to get a rise. Doesn't it ever get old Kai?

Rooster: That was a bit of trolling, true enough. Sorry about that.

But I and many others still believe that Royce was out or nearly out. Simply put. Yoshida Thought he was out, the Ref thought he was out, Royce was outvoted. He simply shouldn't have been in that position in the first place.

"He simply shouldn't have been in that position in the first place. "

Yeah, your right. The half-guard is one bad position in a grappling match...

s98ronin: It was a MMA match, last time I checked... Had fucked up rules due to Royce's Negotiation, but it wasn't merely a grappling match.

And in Bottom of mount (Or quarter guard at best) with someone deep on your collar? Last time that happened, some Troll named Wallid put Royce to Sleep.

Royce will be wearing a HAZMAT suit to avoid any toxic sweat that could hamper his performance.

"s98ronin: It was a MMA match, last time I checked... Had fucked up rules due to Royce's Negotiation, but it wasn't merely a grappling match.
And in Bottom of mount (Or quarter guard at best) with someone deep on your collar? Last time that happened, some Troll named Wallid put Royce to Sleep.
"

There´s a reason to why the first match isn´t on neither guys MMA record. Guess what that reason is?

BTW: I thought that Wallid used a clock choke against Royce. The clock choke is way different from someone grabbing your collar from halfguard...

http://www.fightingmaster.com/legends/royce/FMPro9.jpg

http://www.fightingmaster.com/legends/royce/FMPro10.jpg

Wallid was passing Royces Guard he turtled and Wallid slapped on the
clock choke.

Royce was no where near out. there was no choke, this was shown
clearly on the reverse angle. Also Royces "special rules " included the
Referee could not stop the fight. This was to avoid a home town win
thing like that occuring.

It wasn't half guard, Royce didn't even have the leg around him. Yoshi was on top of the very top of the knee, using his weight to hold him down.

Also, I never said it was a fucking clock choke, I said Royce shouldn't have been stapled down in the near mount with Yoshi deep on his collar.

And the choke was pretty clear in the angles I have watched.

Again, it comes down to the same old thing 2 vs 1. There were 3 people in the ring and close enough to see what was happening, The Ref, Yoshi and Royce. The Ref thought he was out, Yoshi Thought he was out, Royce said he wasn't out. 2 vs 1.

It's just like the Royler x Sakuraba 'Controversy'. It's not much of a controversy now because we all know that Saku had that Ude Garami.

Small detail, in both in the fight (Royler&Royce) was defined that the fight ends only to the taps or corner throws towel. Never in the matches be the judge come to stop the match, when choke or lock is almost catch. Only in the child, when they fight with the special rules.

Kai,
I spoke with Royler shortly after that fight. Try telling that to him or
any competitor when a bad decision goes against them.

In Roylers fight, like Royces the refereee could not stop the fight but
did. Sakuraba had the hold for quite a while yet could not finish Royler.
Only the referee finished Royler costing him a draw.

Regardless of what the ref, Yochida or anyone else thought Royce
proved them all wrong when he dominated Yoshida in the rematch
although like Royler- Sak should have ended officialy its a draw.

wtf is ude garami?

Sakuraba had a kimura hold, I believe his grip was different then the
standard grip. Ill have to go back and look.

Did he wear his gi?

ude garami= KEY LOCK!