Is Saffron a Scam?

Oh another great one is from Thomas Kellers book.

He has a recipe for muscles with saffron and mustard, it is absurd.

http://aftertaste-review.blogspot.com/2012/01/thomas-kellers-mussels-with-saffron.html

Season 5 Daphne GIF by Paramount+

Now I am in the mood for a bottle of Mersault and some episodes of Frasier on Hulu.

Talk to you men/gents/homos tomorrow!

1 Like

That’s so silly. They should demand $15 an hour or not show up.

2 Likes

What would they do with the extra $14 a day. Ooh a hour.

In Maroc most the farmers I know look like these guys. Probably the only Jewish dirt farmers I know.

Berber’s, they exist everywhere and nowhere.

1 Like

My favorite episode of Fraser is when they go to the Sawmill restaurant and the guy cuts off their ties with a pair of scissors

So a niles crane/cliff claven mashup?

Its a little known fact that the best humidor…

1 Like

I hate saffron. But the flavor is anything but subtle, I don’t understand how OP can’t taste it. It’s incredibly strong.

Buy an iPhone and act like a spoiled cunt maybe.

1 Like

I’m not trying to make $50 tea out of it.

1 Like

That’s what saffron is?

Not all of us are super rich off of government subsidies like you. :wink:

1 Like

Yup. Super gay spice.

1 Like

Yes, the red pistils are collected and are the only part used I think. If they get squished when harvested they lose their aroma and strength.

I used to make a saffron cooking oil from what I smuggled out each time.

1 Like

Oooh definitely trying that on my next paella!

How good is the socarrat?

There’s an Italian place we go to that has a lobster dish that uses saffron in the sauce - it is absolutely the best sauce I’ve ever had.

2 Likes

Most every Southern Italian dish, North Afrikan dish or Southern Spanish dish be it pasta or seafood would always get some saffron oil. It is it’s own unique layer in dishes.

1 Like

Go on…

1 Like

In their butts

1 Like

I have to admit I was bad for smuggling agi banned foods/spices around the World when I travelled.

Mangalista pork out of Hungary into Muslim countries so many times it seemed normal. I like bacon.
Khat out of Somalia to England.
Saffron out of Maroc to France.
Horseradish into Costa Rica from the US is the only one I got in trouble for. Well, they made me say sorry. Which was easy as a Canadian.

1 Like