Is Schaub the CM Punk Of Comedy?

In the sense that, CM Punk because of his status couldn’t just start off in a smaller MMA organization, given his noteriety. So he’s held to a higher standard and we expect more.

Likewise, Schaub is funny and I enjoyed his show but to now be marketed as a ‘comic’ and he plays the part of comedian after a few years is a little odd.

Schaub seems very likable and funny IMO.  He does fuck up words a ton, but I prefer listening to him more than Callen pontificating about who knows what.

dignan - 

Schaub seems very likable and funny IMO.  He does fuck up words a ton, but I prefer listening to him more than Callen pontificating about who knows what.

I don’t know man. If I was stoned and hung out with Callen it would be the biggest trip. You’d bring up something you’re thinking about and he would break down its history and origins and make your highdeas even stronger…duuuuuude…

Also, Callen live is out of this world.

Yes in the sense it’s too much too soon. He should not be headlining comedy clubs. Especially good ones. Called was rightfully upset when Schuab called himself a road dog, it’s the equivalent of cm punk talking about gym wars. 

TRTVersionOfMe -
dignan - 

I don’t know man. If I was stoned and hung out with Callen it would be the biggest trip. You’d bring up something you’re thinking about and he would break down its history and origins and make your highdeas even stronger…duuuuuude…

Also, Callen live is out of this world.

I think I have only laughed at 2 things he has ever said and usually it isn’t a bit.  It’s him legitimately letting his guard down and just being natural.

He comes off as a small man that is constantly flexing.

I've never seen his stand up.  I don't think there are any recordings of it online.. can't say if he's funny or not.

Been doing stand up for going on 7 years now. Seen my share of ppl that just bring their families to shows and make them laugh and go around calling themselves professional comics and ya pretty annoying. But in Schaubs case ya kinda lame he gets the notoriety without the track record BUT at least he makes strangers laugh regularly at his shows. Can’t hate the dude for trying his hand at something else. At least he’s not TERRIBLE at it then that would be even worse. You guys should just go hang out at the Comedy Store and try to actually meet the guy and see what he’s like in person. Everyone usually sticks around for a beer at the patio after their sets. I’ve yet to see him there when I’m there but I’m sure he knows he’s surrounded by elite comics when he’s there and most likely doesn’t step on any toes. Rogan vouched for him so I’m sure he doesn’t ruffle any feathers.

Target_the_Gash - 

Schaub is the inverse of CM Punk.

He might not be the greatest comedian but he seems to be honestly earning a lot of his own success through hard work and putting in the hours doing the work. He has developed his own fan base through his work and personality and although he may very well have been friends with a lot of the right people to help him get his foot in the door and get exposure to professionals so he can observe them and get their feedback nobody is taking him around on tour or anything or trying to carry him through a bunch of dates (maybe Callen but I think they mutually benefit each other and also Schaub does a lot on his own).

On top of that I'm about 99.99999999% sure Schaub could beat up anybody calling themselves a standup comedian on the planet today, including Rogan.

I like Schaub but don't consume much of his content so kind of wierd I'm sticking up for him... he does deserve shit because he talks for a living and sucks at pronouncing or remembering many words so he definitely needs to work on that but all in all I think he doesn't deserve most of the hate he gets.

Yah, you’re right. Callen even says he won’t help him write jokes and he has to do it alone.

He’s also super business savvy so he’s going to do what makes the most financial sense too. He’s totally a work horse.

I think the hate comes from his ego a bit, he humble brags quite a bit and seems to think he knows everything, but that’s also part of the game too.

Haha, if I didn’t like him I would 100% not tell him to his face.

Nah, Mr. Punk is better at fighting than Schaub is at Comedy, or at least intentional comedy. When he starts trying to act like an mma/boxing expert, that shit is comedy gold. He should just do that on stage.

Schaub is "shutting down" the game 

Didn’t he call himself the CM Punk of stand up at his own show?

The he asked “how did I get here?” and played a clip of all the times he got KO’d and said “oh yeah, that’s how”

I swear I remember seeing that clip.

fightingspirit39 -

Yes in the sense it’s too much too soon. He should not be headlining comedy clubs. Especially good ones. Called was rightfully upset when Schuab called himself a road dog, it’s the equivalent of cm punk talking about gym wars. 

At the local comedy club here, the headliners every other week are guys that have got famous for doing skits on instagram. And a couple of reality stars. Gawd awful stand up. They are literally going from the internet to headlining

no polishing their game in the open mics. Literally walking in off the street and headliners. Their fans don’t care. They buy tickets. Sit through that shit just to be able to take a pic with them and put it on social media. Club owners don’t care, these guys sell tickets. But it’s killing the comedy scene 

Schaub is actually doing stand up?? I thought he just did the podcast and considered himself a “comedian” because of that. 

Today's comedy must be setting the bar low.

Brendan’s getting funnier and funnier. Hanging out and doing podcasts with guys like Chris Delia and Theo Von paying off

mackass -

Brendan’s getting funnier and funnier. Hanging out and doing podcasts with guys like Chris Delia and Theo Von paying off

Yea I notice he jacks a lot of Chris’s style and uses it on every one of his platforms.

the day he developes his own style is the day I’ll consider him an actual comedian tbh

CM Punk is a good comparison

HandyDarsh -
mackass -

Yea I notice he jacks a lot of Chris’s style and uses it on every one of his platforms.

the day he developes his own style is the day I’ll consider him an actual comedian tbh

I’m sure Schaub’s gonna lose a lot of sleep waiting for you to consider him an actual comedian.

HandyDarsh -
mackass -

If he's going to jack someones style why wouldn't he jack it from a comedian who is actually funny?

Probably because they don't want to hangout with him lol

I dont like that douche