Is south beach a good vacation spot?

Planning a beach vacation within the us. Is south beach a good spot? Tme. I would prefer something low key, but the gf wants to go to south beach bc the water and sand are beautiful ( she went once).  Would prefer something a little quieter, but wouldn't be opposed. 

south beach is anything but low key.

Depends on when you are there.  I was there during Hip Hop Weekend about 12 years ago, big fucking mistake.

The Loews is a great location if you go.

UltimateKeyboardWarrior -

Depends on when you are there.  I was there during Hip Hop Weekend about 12 years ago, big fucking mistake.

The Loews is a great location if you go.

We are going early June 

Take her to the nude beach, haulover.
It's quiet and good sand and clear water.

South beach is packed and can get kind of ghetto

I like South Beach a lot but I think it's got a high cheese factor

South Beach was awesome. Me and the wife have gone 3 times. We always stay at the Winterhaven right on ocean drive. Don't pay for breakfast. Most hotels have it. Unless you don't mind paying $70 for two people sitting in 95 degree weather at 9am sweating your ass off.

Go to the Walgreens near there get a disposable cooler,ice and some beer and enjoy it on the beach

Want a quick snack? Go to pizza bar place is open till 4am I think and they serve gigantic slices.

Oh and can't forget about Wet Willie's and the Clevelander.

Moose09000 -

Planning a beach vacation within the us. Is south beach a good spot? Tme. I would prefer something low key, but the gf wants to go to south beach bc the water and sand are beautiful ( she went once).  Would prefer something a little quieter, but wouldn't be opposed. 

Sounds like she may not have much experience with beaches. If you take her anywhere on the gulf side she will probably have her mind blown if she thinks that highly of South Beach's scenery.

Sanibel, Destin, maybe Naples. If you tell us what you would want your ideal beach vacation to be like it would be easier.

Triple_B -
Moose09000 -

Sounds like she may not have much experience with beaches. If you take her anywhere on the gulf side she will probably have her mind blown if she thinks that highly of South Beach's scenery.

Sanibel, Destin, maybe Naples. If you tell us what you would want your ideal beach vacation to be like it would be easier.

We went to siesta key and loved it 

Moose09000 -
Triple_B -
Moose09000 -

We went to siesta key and loved it 

Long boat key is cool too it's in the same area, but if you liked siesta you should definitely check out Sanibel or Captiva.

If you want Atlantic side Boca Raton is underrated. One of the few highly populated areas of South Florida where you aren't in the shadow of high rise condos on the beach. 

I'll throw out a random one too that most visitors to Florida never go to:  Hobe Sound. The only area of South FL  that resembles old Florida you can have a country and beach vacation. It is also adjacent to Jupiter Island which is worth a drive through to see what houses owned by people with more money than God look like. If you walk for a while north up the coast you will also find one of the only wild beaches in that part of the state. 

A few nights on South Beach are plenty. It's worth going just to see hot model chicks naked boobies. Go to the keys. South Beach is only an hour or so drive. If she's never driven the overseas highway take her. It might be the coolest drive in the country. Tons of cool spots along the way. Rent a convertible. I've done the drive more times than I can remember, and it doesn't get old.

If you want good beaches southwest florida can't be fucked with. My parents have had a house on fort Myers Beach for 30 years. The beach is amazing, and within a short distance there are Sanibel and Captiva to the north and lovers key and bonita to the south. If you like fishing the backwater is good but the keys blows it away for offshore.

We try to do south beach every year, it's good for a long weekend of partying but it is kind of trashy. I wouldn't recommend it for an actual vacation. We've stayed at the Sagamore a few times, it's pretty nice so check into it if you decide to go

smartin - If you want good beaches southwest florida can't be fucked with. My parents have had a house on fort Myers Beach for 30 years. The beach is amazing, and within a short distance there are Sanibel and Captiva to the north and lovers key and bonita to the south. If you like fishing the backwater is good but the keys blows it away for offshore.

I used to go to south seas plantation as a kid and loved it!

smartin - If you want good beaches southwest florida can"t be fucked with. My parents have had a house on fort Myers Beach for 30 years. The beach is amazing, and within a short distance there are Sanibel and Captiva to the north and lovers key and bonita to the south. If you like fishing the backwater is good but the keys blows it away for offshore.

Yes! Bonita Springs is awesome too.

I'm a native Floridian and no longer live there. I bought a time share recently though and of the main reasons for the purchase is because one of the properties we can choose to vacation at is in Bonita Springs

Moose09000 -
smartin - If you want good beaches southwest florida can't be fucked with. My parents have had a house on fort Myers Beach for 30 years. The beach is amazing, and within a short distance there are Sanibel and Captiva to the north and lovers key and bonita to the south. If you like fishing the backwater is good but the keys blows it away for offshore.

I used to go to south seas plantation as a kid and loved it!

But did you do the Sanibel shuffle lol?

St Pete Beach is nice and a lot quieter than South Beach. Lots of nice hotels like Tradewinds that you can stay at

Triple_B -
smartin - If you want good beaches southwest florida can"t be fucked with. My parents have had a house on fort Myers Beach for 30 years. The beach is amazing, and within a short distance there are Sanibel and Captiva to the north and lovers key and bonita to the south. If you like fishing the backwater is good but the keys blows it away for offshore.

Yes! Bonita Springs is awesome too.

I'm a native Floridian and no longer live there. I bought a time share recently though and of the main reasons for the purchase is because one of the properties we can choose to vacation at is in Bonita Springs

Burrito springs is awesome??
When did this happen?

Awesome mexican food

South Beach is great for a bachelor party, horrible for a couple or family vacation IMO.