Is stepping back always bad?

Alrright Toki, first I'll start with you. Just b/c you
are bjj and I've never seen you in Pan Am games or
Abu Dhabi I'm supposed to think that you know nothing
of what you are talking about? and second I love marines, I beat a few of them in competitive boxing at
Redstone Arsenal in AL. I went to a no women bootcamp
in Fort Sill O.K. and the only difference between my
training and yours is that I missed the extra weeks for
swimming and brainwashing. And Joe Ray the only reason
that you talk so much is b/c you are a country away.
Next summer when I get to England To FIGHT competitivly
I'll let you know where my hotel is and we can finish
this, bareknuckle and old-style. Just b/c I didn't take
the time to complete a bio-I'll give it to you now. I was 5-0 in Junior Olympic fights. 12-0 in Army smokers
and the only reason I missed the gloves this year is b/c I broke my jaw sparring. which is a far cry from your 2-1. you see your still a baby to me, you little
computer guys assume too much b/c you're safe b/c odds
are you're far away. and thanks tactical fighter, I
came on here to give advice, and these punks are jealous b/c I can't be backed up. In a year when you know my name, or I make it to England with my team youll feel real dumb I'm telling you. "I'm shaking as I
type", next time you have an insult to hurl my way pls
make sure you tell me how it feels to lose in a boxing fight, Not BJJ b/c I can't win at BJJ BJJers beat me on the ground all the time I'll admit, But never in boxing. Even when I got my jaw broke and the
cartiledge crushed, I still finished the seven rounds of sparring. Tactical fighter you are right though different coaches teach different things, and I was trying to explain that message when I was describing how I fight,and the injuries I sustained from my style
I just hurt Joe Ray's feelings b/c he is not on my level. there is no other reason to think I'm a keyboard warrior unless you just can't imagine what I say is possible.

wasnt ali famous in a couple fights for punching while going backwards?

"Alrright Toki, first I'll start with you. Just b/c you are bjj and I've never seen you in Pan Am games or Abu Dhabi I'm supposed to think that you know nothing of what you are talking about?"

As this is not the bjj forum, that is irrelevant. We are discussing the sweet science, not bjj.

"second I love marines, I beat a few of them in competitive boxing at Redstone Arsenal in AL."

Would you like a gorilla cookie and a slice of milk for your awe-inspiring accomplishment? But I see what this is about, bat-mon. You coy little thing, you have a crush on me. I'll send you an old pic of me in my Charlies for you to toss off too. Would you like that autographed with a little cologne splashed on it?

"I went to a no women bootcamp in Fort Sill O.K."

Yet you argue like a little woman. Amazing how you picked those skills up so well. I'm sure you could show the ladies a thing or two, for I haven't even seen a woman with as little logic and as much retarded emotion as yourself. I'm sure you sold more cookies than any other girl in your troop, you little Brownie..

"and the only difference between my training and yours is that I missed the extra weeks for swimming and brainwashing."

Not to mention that you probably haven't touched a rifle since your last qual. Redstone, huh? Ammo tech. Stick to keyboard warring, batty-boi. But the point remains. Better boxers than yourself use backing up in a tactical manner. Unless, of course you are better than Ali, Jones, JCC, Hit-Man Hearns, Leonard, Whittaker, Pryor, Camacho, Iran Barkley... Hell, I wonder if you were even ALIVE to see half those jokers fight.

But please, keep going. Your exploits have spread to the OG where we are ALL laughing at you. Entertain me some more, jester. Make us laugh... You argue like a bitch.

Ernesto Hoost of K-1 fame is the master of the trap backwards step. It's particularly effective in kickboxing since you can kick the lead leg of the guy moving forward, but Hoost also uses it to land his right hand.

jlstongbo,
i am Jean Rousseau, of the LeMonde's gimnasium. i am in location of Marseilles, France... I am interested, why do you are the mean one here? You speak too much of boxing and these fights of street. Do you fight alot in a street? It is not a mark of a humans being who is true. Please stop the violent remarks about what you are knowing NOTHING!... I have stayed with Joe Ray on occassion in UK, and he is a good competitor. Do not make me release the death serpent on you dumb italian. You dirty my country and american is the devil.

jlstrongboi could easily defeat Ernesto Hoost with her deadly art of jlstrong-foo that was perfected with Jorge Paez and Matt Furrey. I'm confident that she would defeat Hoost in mere seconds and then would do Jim Lampley's makeup at the after-fight Tupperware party.

Oh, I almost forgot...

Hi, KKM!

please before this thread turns even uglier, let's just confine the posts relevant to the thread title and not namecalling, internet challenges.

thank you.

"You dirty my country and american is the devil."

???????

esl, u are the supporting for the death of iraqi babies?!!!!!! this jlstrongbo is an american devil and wants to fight all the time for europans like me and Joe Ray. I challenge you to the kumite style, if you wish. You have no honor and are teh coward i know so well from the streets who will back down to the real mans.

Stickgrappler is correct. Based on knowledge of boxing as well as tactics of seasoned professionals, I believe that backing up can be used tactically in the right situations, although it falls under "NOT RECOMMENDED". If jlstrongbo can refute that point using historical examples (aside from his PERSONAL experience), she is welcome to do so.

i respect all points of view kosta, but this is not a political thread....this is about whether it is good or not to step back in boxing.

esl, I do think that Kosta is being funny and sarcastic and a far cry from serious.

Not ammo tech. EOD, and you all can gang up I don't care I'll say it again. You will know my name.

So what is your name?

Not now I'll tell all of you in a year or two, and then
like I said you will all feel stupid. Joe Ray you attacked me when I told you my style, It's just that it is unbelievable to you that I can take so much punishment and not have to take a step back. And I never talked about fighting in the street, I don't fight in the street. and Toki you have so much repressed rage, maybe you should try training, it does wonders for my stress level, maybe it will help you out. As far as this thread it got way out of hand I said nothing about hating Europeans, thats why big names don't come on here because some of you guys get stupid. Toki you attacked me from the minute I posted about the whole I don't have a belt thing, so in that case I guess it's safe to assume that anything you post on the OG is useless, RIght? Just pay attention, because It's not just me that tells myself I am pro material. And from now on I do my talking with my hands. P.S. if there are no good fighters in the Lhw and hw divisions why don't you jump up and take it over and make all the money.

BRB.... Going to watch tape of Whittaker while handling my repressed rage.

hi kkm

If you're such a great fighter, what's your name?