Is tapping to strikes the worst way to lose?

I think so. Could be a mental career killer, imo. I cant think of a worse defeat . Bisping went to sleep and he can sleep tonight knowing that and I can understand tapping to a sub after training myself but to strikes when you're the champion and you talked about being invincible?

Meh

For sure, only the bravest and most intelligent fighters want to take the unnecessary brain trauma to look cool

WattMell -
Lick Brown Boners -

For sure, only the bravest and most intelligent fighters want to take the unnecessary brain trauma to look cool

Well they are fighters, brain trauma is a well known risk. Thing is with being a fighter, you need confidence and guts, tapping to strikes means you gave up because it hurt too much. I personally don't judge them for tapping but don't act like the mental aspect of fighting doesn't come before possible cte down the road. Plus it's a 115lb Thug Rose hitting you not Deontay Wilder.

Full retard. They tap when they are in a position where they know they have no chance of coming back and still have the wits to tap before they go out.

When your lights are being turned on and off, and you feel like youre about to  lost your motor functiins, and you are competing in a sport where the refereeing is overwhelmingly incompetent, i think tapping is smart. 

Or you can try to be tough, take the damage hoping the ref will jump in when he SHOULD and risk talking like you have chromosomes or being pushed around in a wheel chair drooling.

I still cant believe this is even debated still.

OP is so tough

I would rather tap to strikes than get my head knocked into the 10th row.

Because it hurts to much…Bwahahahahahahaha

MR31 - I also think quitting on the stool is worse. Just my opinions though. I'm sure different people feel different about it.

Wasn’t a career killer for GSP. You may not have noticed but he is the new MW champion.

Carogan -
Blazing Knees -

I think so. Could be a mental career killer, imo. I cant think of a worse defeat . Bisping went to sleep and he can sleep tonight knowing that and I can understand tapping to a sub after training myself but to strikes when you're the champion and you talked about being invincible?

Meh

I think the harshest "mental career killer" is taking massive blows to the head which inflict brain trauma.

This. I think we’ve seen more guys have their careers damaged by prolonged beatings than people who tapped to strikes. Shogun tapped to strikes, I don’t think anyone has ever accused him of being mentally fragile

Only bros on the Internet would be bothered by it

Only the brainless wouldn’t acknowledge if your rocked past the ability to recuperate and taking direct unchallenged trauma, save the brain for another day...

imo the worst way to lose if how aldo lost the fight to mcgregor you put in all that time training and getting ready for the fight then bang one shot you are done 

The worst way to lose? Not by a long shot. Not fighting back would be the worst way to lose imo. Permanent brain damage would be the worst way to lose imo. Career ending injury might be the worst way to lose imo Shes in the best of the best category. Her only fault was arrogance and she got slept. She tapped because she was defeated and thats the name of the game. Maybe BJM should have stepped in alittle earlier and maybe not but shes proved herself over and over again as a champion. If anything I give her respect for admitting the defeat and living to fight another day

In 10 years, this is going to be a running joke, like stand and want, and just bleed, and cross training vs jiu jitsu alone.

We will look back and say "remember when people used to shit in people for tapping to strikes? Dur dur dur, Jesus didn't tap, dur dur dur, real men go to sleep"

The idea that sitting there taking a beating you know you can’t recover from is tough is probably the dumbest thing there is. 

If you get caught in an armbar, should you fight until your arm is broke? Makes no sense. Why then is it ok to allow your brain to be played like a drum. Head injuries are much worse

Didn’t GSP tap to strikes against serra?

danybayamon23 -

OP is so tough

Fuck you- in your fat face. When is the last time you saw tap to strikes?> WHEN

Yep, it sure derailed GSP.

Lights Out Lurker - It depends....If you talk insane amounts of shit then tap out to strikes, then yes it's the biggest bitch move you can make.

BINGO 

FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - Wasn't a career killer for GSP. You may not have noticed but he is the new MW champion.

Tito tapped to strike vs shamrock and had a pretty good run afterwards