Is the armbar from mount...

Any examples of this, bearstare?

Mount to gift wrap to armbar is very good . Phone Post 3.0

People fall back to quickly...You should always try to finish from dominant position ie mount. eg you could just put your shin on their face and finish right from top.... On occassions where you fall back, it should be much later in the sequence than when many people do it...It's a finishing step, not the beginning.

arm triangle,crucifix neck crank,guillotine elbow over shoulder,and s-mount bully mount ,Rickson mount (gift wrap)

Is the gift wrap what barestare meant when he said twisting arm control?

It is my teacher's favorite move so I might have some bias, but it is an awesome submission. When he does it there is pressure and pain the whole way, and if it is in gi the double attack is almost impossible to stop if it gets to s mount.

Meatgrinder - 

People fall back to quickly...You should always try to finish from dominant position ie mount. eg you could just put your shin on their face and finish right from top.... On occassions where you fall back, it should be much later in the sequence than when many people do it...It's a finishing step, not the beginning.

This

I like to use an S-mount armbar variation i learnt in Japan. I pass the leg over and post my hand near the opposite hip. No need to sit back to finish. And if my opponent defends then I can retreat to a dominant position.

I (like most people I know) kind of left the mount whilst I was a blue belt. I felt more secure using a side control/north south type game. As time has gone on though I have been really coming back to the mount.

Arm-Triangles (s-mount, armbar and back take off the same grip)
Triangles
Monoplata's
Total Hold Down (gift wrap) to back.

Are all really high percentage for me now.

Double attack from mount FTW.

Twisting arm control is what Rickson does in all of his fights from mount. There's likely other terms for it. I think it might even be on the cover of the original choke documentary if I remember right. Check out Rickson vs funaki. Punches to the face and knees to the spine all from that control. Great great position Phone Post 3.0

Ok I just checked and it's not on the cover of choke(the movie) it is in the funaki fight though Phone Post 3.0

I don't have any stats but I'm willing to bet armbars are the submission most often completely reversed so the guy being attacked ends up in the dominant position. Phone Post 3.0

Gaius Marius - 
GongandDash - The stupidest move in grappling?! 'Oh hey guy on bottom I'm bored of crushing you to death and fantasising about how I would be punching you in the face if it were MMA. here let me take my weight off you and give you room to move.' I bet Marcelo already ditched it from his repertoire. Phone Post 3.0

I dont pull off many mounted armbars because Im not good enough at them yet and often get reversed. That is not because the technique is stupud, its because I need to work on it more. If you think a mounted armbar is stupid, its because you are not using technique to get it, you are just grabbing the arm and sloppily spinning around for the armbar. That is not an insult either, it takes time to do it right. I often go for sloppy armbars from top.

This is a video of a really technical armbar setup from mount from my instructor, Jamie Cruz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGmDkE9wBXg&list=WL&index=100

VU

Thanks. Great details in that video.

Meatgrinder -

Spot on.

You have to know how to do it correctly and well OP. See Paulo Filho for examples. Phone Post 3.0

edit

mideastgrappler - forget the mounted armbar. because this technique allows you to keep your weight on the guy better

http://youtu.be/4a0c09WDhhY

These guys are the jokers from the fake blackbelts thread. The ones promoted by Murgel.
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2036616/Black-belts-who-shouldnt-be/?pc=616&page=25

Honestly armbar from mount is probably a stupid move for lower belts to do(in general)for a lot of the previous reasons stated. They tend not to have the patience/knowledge of/ awareness to make sure things are secure and locked in. Therefore it turns into a free escape for the other guy. Phone Post 3.0

Chokes are the preferred method of finishing over joint locks clearly.

With that said. Americana/mounted triangle/armbar is my most dominant sub chain.

You need to be good at getting to mount. Just to be able to practice enough to get good at attacks from mount. It takes time. But I assure you an arm bar from mount is check mate for a good player. Phone Post 3.0

Meatgrinder -

This is pretty much how I teach it. If you end up flat on your back, hips extended and perpendicular to your opponent that should basically be your last resort and the end of a series of attacks. If you go for it all at once the guy on bottom can use your momentum to come up and stack you.

My first choice is to attack the arm from a high mount with very little pivot. From there I'll keep advancing until I get the tap. Phone Post 3.0

Arm bar from mount is a great position. Teaches you control aswel. If you never arm lock from mount because you think it's giving up position you will never gain the control needed to set it up and finish properly. Those who know, do. In saying that I try to finish on top about half the time. As said with shin over face leaning towards far hip while basing your hand near said hip Phone Post 3.0

Giftwrap/Rickson is where you wrap their arm around their head.

it can lead to armbar, back take or a kind of sideways backmount where you have the gift wrap and you are in the same position as if you were doing a bow and arrow choke. So you could do the bow and arrow if gi. This position can act like a half way point for the armbar just like the high guard does for guard. Thats usually how i get armbars on good people from on top. Phone Post 3.0