is the Ezekial Choke used at higher levels?

Im a big fan of this choke, do higher level guys still use this choke? Or do they abandon it as they progress? I can't seem to think of any recent Ezekial finishes (although I also don't watch THAT many matches)

I wouldn't say "abandon". It's just at the high levels guys rarely fall for it. Phone Post 3.0

If I'm not mistaken Roger Gracie is a big fan of this choke Phone Post 3.0

Keenan and Ryan Hall teach the Ezekiel from the back with the arm in. Been working it and having a lot of success both in transition to the back, and also when already on the back and my partner has my top hand tied up. Phone Post 3.0

Ezekiel from the back is more common.

PrisonMattressPuncher -

There once was this guy Ezekiel, but I heard he rarely used it,

Lol Phone Post

My black belt instructor loves this choke. So I think it's just personal preference for each black belt, unless you're talking strictly about Mundial-level black belts using it on each other, which I'm not sure about.

It helps to have a loose and long gi sleeve to pull off the Ezekial choke, and most competitors wear gis with barely legal sleeves. But you still see it some, just not nearly as much as bow and arrow chokes. I know I've seen some high-level folks use it to make their opponent defend to set up another attack, I just can't name specific examples.

Keenan is a big fan.
Although under the influence of some XXXX strength Koolaid at the time, he said he started getting it loads on the Limp Irvin 'micro-transitions' video.

And he shows quite a few Ezekiels on his instructional (which is just techniques he personally uses in competition).

My favorite sub. Hard to defend IMO and people freak out when you hit it from half guard, easy pass to mount Phone Post 3.0

I think it is used more to set up arm attacks than actually being finished with but it is a damned good technique

ddk - Keenan and Ryan Hall teach the Ezekiel from the back with the arm in. Been working it and having a lot of success both in transition to the back, and also when already on the back and my partner has my top hand tied up. Phone Post 3.0
I was going to say this. A lot of guys hit it from the back with the arm in. Not so common to see it from the front. Phone Post 3.0

Yes very much. Did a seminar with Wendell Alexander and he used it a lot Phone Post 3.0

I like it from a low mount and also from top half and from the back.

Mendes bro's seem to be fond of it. Thats enough for me

Jack McVicker showed me this back in 2002 while doing a private and I hit it from everywhere I can!

PrisonMattressPuncher -

There once was this guy Ezekiel, but I heard he rarely used it,

Didn't he retire? Phone Post 3.0

I caught one a few days ago from North South bottom. I was just using it to turn my opponent over, but he tapped before I got to the top.