Is the Gracie Academy the Gracie University now?

So who runs the Beverly  hills location?

damn, that’s a good salary…would he have to teach class or run the business end or something?

To retire snd work on the diet

I understand if it’s confidential, but what was the conflict? What did Rorion want versus want did Ryron/Rener want?

nogidavid - 
12 - 400,000 a year plus bonus. No bh is booming

shiiit. in exhange for what??

sounds reasonable.

12 - 400,000 a year plus bonus. No bh is booming

Please get word to Rorion,

We will gladly pay him $950,000 per year (plus a new Mercedes-Maybach), BUT we would need him to be at one (1) belt promotion once a year, EVERY year. He must be in the room physically for 1 hour annually and cannot not be there via phone or skype.

This is non-negotiable. I believe people need to earn their money.

(Sorry to play hardball, but that's how I am when it comes to business)

I regret not stopping by the original location a few years back. I saw the exit but thought I’d go by another time

Kroger39 - I regret not stopping by the original location a few years back. I saw the exit but thought I'd go by another time

Bro. That’s not the “original” location.

I guess no one wants to talk about what happened/what’s happening.

FatBuddha - I guess no one wants to talk about what happened/what's happening.

ssshhhh... 81 ex-Gracie Academy instructors are watching this thread.

Daaaaaaaaaang

ASBELTOMATO - 
FatBuddha - I guess no one wants to talk about what happened/what's happening.

ssshhhh... 81 ex-Gracie Academy instructors are watching this thread.

lol

RedDragonUK - 

Daaaaaaaaaang

lol

Wilders of the Lost Each - 
FatBuddha -
shen - 

The "Gracie Academy" (owned by Rorion) is closed. There's a for sale sign posted on the fence.

"Gracie University" (owned by the boys) is a couple miles away and open for business. They just put up a giant sign which reads "Gracie University".

Wow.

What is Rorion up to?

I can tell you what he’s not up to. Combining foods. 

LMAO

Doesn’t seem to make sense.  Wasn’t Rorion already pretty much retired?  I mean he didn’t teach any classes for years and basically just tours on the diet stuff.  Is it just that he didn’t want to let go of the name Gracie Academy to the boys?  What in the hell does he plan to do with that name?  Is he opening another school?

JoejitsuMD - 

Doesn't seem to make sense.  Wasn't Rorion already pretty much retired?  I mean he didn't teach any classes for years and basically just tours on the diet stuff.  Is it just that he didn't want to let go of the name Gracie Academy to the boys?  What in the hell does he plan to do with that name?  Is he opening another school?

Good questions and questions like these could literally be answered in a 3 sentence post but everyone is tight lipped.

I was fortunate to attend a class that Rorion taught. 

So...

Rorion didn't have much money on him — after paying the "university" drop-in fee to get inside and ordering a watermelon juice, all he had left was one little nickle in his pocket. Remember that — a single nickel. Not even enough to leave a tip at the makeshift juice bar.

Rorion didn't know what to make of all the "students" giving him the "evil eye". He thought they just had really bad haircuts and a silly taste in gi's. He felt no fear... in fact, as he passed a table of them, he reached out and good-naturedly rubbed one of them on the scalp. "Nice haircut, fella," he said.

Three blue belts stood up and quickly cornered him. The band played on........

I wonder, when he visits, is Rorion gonna have to wear a Red Belt with a long white stripe down the middle, signifying he is from another school...?