is the UFC/MMA losing steam?

is it me or has anyone else noticed friends & co-workers not caring about UFC events so far this year? I can't recall the last time MMA has been this stale. I have found myself reverting back to other sports and surprisingly they are really entertaining.

I've tried to keep up with Bellator but every time I watch it's like they're trying to convince me how much fun I'm having. It's decent but outside the UFC there is nothing. HDNet has gone to shit there's no good MMA events anymore, same with Showtime, no Strikeforce cards when there used to be 1 every month.

Outside of the stars like Anderson Silva or Jon Jones, are you willing to pay 60 bucks for a fight? but all money aside I feel the sport has lost a lot of momentum since signing with Fox.

thoughts?

PPV's down nearly 50%/... they're starting to see what happens when you put too many watered down cards together and charge way too much.

Other orgs are coming up too, and putting better and better shows on. you aren't FORCED to pay a ridiculous price to watch mma anymore.

The UFC will survive, but it's still in fad status, and that's starting to wear off. it'll stabilize somewhere if they don't fuck up with the PPV stuff.

sooner or later they'll catch on to what a liability dana is, and let him sit home and tweet about celebrities.

lol

I feel the momentum has dropped a ton but it will gain steam again they'll never run out of money. Phone Post

Injuries and Roids.

Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani, on Sunday, suggested Shokin was the target of an international smear campaign to discredit his work.

In a combative interview on ABC News' "This Week" on Sunday, Giuliani presented what he said was an affidavit signed by Shokin that confirmed Hunter Biden was being investigated when Shokin was fired.

"I have an affidavit here that's been online for six months that nobody bothered to read from the gentleman who was fired, Viktor Shokin, the so-called corrupt prosecutor," Giuliani said. "The Biden people say that he wasn't investigating Hunter Biden at the time. He says under oath that he was." The Shokin affidavit purportedly said the U.S. had pressured him into resigning because he was unwilling to drop the case.

REPUBLICANS WANT WHISTLEBLOWER'S SOURCES, AS INCONSISTENCIES IN COMPLAINT EMERGE

Later, Giuliani added: "I have another affidavit, this time from another Ukrainian prosecutor who says that the day after Biden strong-armed the president to remove Shokin, they show up in the prosecutor's office -- lawyers for Hunter Biden show up in the prosecutor's office and they give an apology for dissemination of false information."

After anchor George Stephanopoulos expressed skepticism, Giuliani fired back: "How about if I -- how about if I tell you over the next week four more of these will come out from four other prosecutors? ... No, no, no, George, they won't be [investigated], because they've been online for six months, and the Washington press will not accept the fact that Joe Biden might have done something like this."

Speaking separately to Fox News' "Sunday Morning Futures," Giuliani brought up the affidavits and called the situation Clintonesque.

"The pattern is a pattern of pay for play. It includes something very similar to what happened to the Clinton Foundation," Giuliani said, "which goes to the very core of, what did Obama know and when did he know it?"

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Giuliani referred to a December 2015 New York Times article about Hunter Biden, Burisma and a Ukrainian oligarch, and how the younger Biden's involvement with the Ukrainian company could undermine then-Vice President Biden's anti-corruption message.

"The question is," Giuliani asked, "when Biden and Obama saw that article, about how the son was pulling down money from the most crooked oligarch in Russia, did Obama call Biden in and say, 'Joe, how could you be doing this?'"

"Tucker Carlson Tonight" producer Alex Pfeiffer contributed to this report.

Not enough talent on each card, and too many cards. They need to have more FX "fight nights" with the lesser talent and save all of the high-end talent for the PPVs. Each PPV has maybe one or two title contention/title fight. The rest are fillers.

I couldnt imagine someone buying EVERY card for 50$

I buy 3-4 a year now, if that. For 2.5 years I bought EVERY 1.

Not now

I do attend at least 2 events/year, same as before.

Them making political stances like apparently does not help either. Phone Post

more stars are getting older and retiring than they are creating.

No.

lookoutawhale -  more stars are getting older and retiring than they are creating.

I dont see that, who are you referring to specifically?

I think a 2 month gap in ufc events didn't really help the casual fan attention span.

I hope so, most of the newer generation here now are douches Phone Post

radiobaby - 
lookoutawhale -  more stars are getting older and retiring than they are creating.

I dont see that, who are you referring to specifically?

I think a 2 month gap in ufc events didn't really help the casual fan attention span.

Wanderlei, Chuck Lidell, Rampage, BJ Penn, CroCop, Fedor, Hendo, Shogun is gassing every fight lately with his injuries, Brock Lesnar, Matt Hughes, Tito Ortiz etc all kind of in that tail end of their career or retired.

the 2 month gap also didnt help but many of the co-main event cards are fillers too lately.

edit: many of the main card fighters i the past year have been succumbing to injuries too so i guess that didnt help either.

enough with the antiquated PPV model already.. PPVs will kill the UFC

inf0 -  enough with the antiquated PPV model already.. PPVs will kill the UFC

agreed. It should be on free like every other sport.

It use to be every PPV had 3-4 fights i wanted to see. Nowadays they seem watered down and there is 1 maybe 2 fights i want to see. That and there are way to many cards.

^ EVERY event isnt worth 50$, your kidding yourself by thinking that.

Call names over the net? Lol

Jr High grad is coming up, save your money for the events to buy

PPV's should be few and far between. Phone Post

The whole world is constantly on the brink of financial collapse as well.
More people are spending their money wisely. Not so much on UFC #1,426 "Worlds collide again..........again" Phone Post