Is the word "bully" over used these days?

This word bullying...is it to easily used now-a-days? I mean I can think of two examples that have come up recently. One is the Texas high school football team that smoked some other school 91-0. Someone is calling them and their coach bullies. The other, is two African girls that were on student visas and got caught working at Walmart. The Canadian government deported them and now people are saying that the Canadian government is bullying these girls.

So I ask the og..has bullying itself just gotten so bad that EVERYBODY is doing it, or is it just an easy word to throw around that makes ninnies feel better about themselves?? Phone Post 3.0

Yes, absolutely. These days it is the most overused politically correct buzz word. It's like the term "engineer" in the job market. It's overused and more often than not, it's improperly used.

You're not a "sanitation engineer". You're a garbage man. You weren't bullied. You just have a shitty football team.

When i grew up, if you weren't getting a wedgie or your head flushed in the toilet, you weren't getting bullied. Phone Post

Bullying is terrorism-lite.

So is the racist.

Nobody says bigoted, prejudice when those words most likely apply versus racist Phone Post 3.0

I knew that story would be what you referenced.

You know I'm sure when Georgia Tech beat Cumberland 222-0 for the all time highest scoring game in football history, not a single person said "those guys are bullies."

People are so afraid of being involved enough in their kids life to keep them from committing suicide, they want to ban everything that may hurt them.

Right Hand JO Power - When i grew up, if you weren't getting a wedgie or your head flushed in the toilet, you weren't getting bullied. Phone Post

Exactly. Phone Post

its definitely over used. makes it tough for kids actually getting bullied to really say anything.

Yep. It's like "Trolling" on the internet. A word you can pin all unhappy things too.

I do think its over used and its publicity is getting a little out of control (the football game). But I am willing to realize that with the advent of social media, cellphones and their cameras that some of these kids are becoming real monsters. Like someone mentioned earlier to me you were bullied if kids were shoving you in lockers or handing out swirlys. Some guy insulting you everyday was just a dick and you never cared about it past that. These days kids can't get away from these assholes and the tormentors as well as their parents are simply apathetic.

OneGloveJimmerson - I do think its over used and its publicity is getting a little out of control (the football game). But I am willing to realize that with the advent of social media, cellphones and their cameras that some of these kids are becoming real monsters. Like someone mentioned earlier to me you were bullied if kids were shoving you in lockers or handing out swirlys. Some guy insulting you everyday was just a dick and you never cared about it past that. These days kids can't get away from these assholes and the tormentors as well as their parents are simply apathetic.
So when does bullying become harassment? Your example sounds like harassment. Phone Post 3.0

The real question is: Is the word Pussy underused? Phone Post 3.0

The even call typical banter bullying these days. I always tell my friends their kids are fucked when they get older, they will have no idea how to have typical male relationships.

Causes always have to have a catch word. and we must always dehumanize people with labels. That way we can blame each other and never get to the root of any given problem. Humans mystery other humans, that is part of life, teach your children to deal with it and minimize their own mistreatment of other Phone Post

Aaronrodgers=GOAT - 
Right Hand JO Power - When i grew up, if you weren't getting a wedgie or your head flushed in the toilet, you weren't getting bullied. Phone Post

Exactly. Phone Post