Is the XB1 worth the buy?

I have some spare cash and have been wondering if I should buy an CB1 because of Halo 5 and the new gears of war game. I already have a ps4 but I have been strongly considering trading it for one as well. Any thoughts about your XB1 and if it's better than a PS4 Phone Post 3.0

I was a day one buyer despite all the negative haze. I have a decent PC rig and and wii u but I love my Xbox the most. They are constantly coming up with new updates and features and listening to the community. Since Phil Spencer took over they have done a full 180 and slowly gaining back the gaming community. I've played PS4 and plan on getting one next year for the exclusives but to me personally the x1 had the best exclusives and controller. Sony has basically 0 for exclusives until next year but they are selling so well it doesn't even matter lol. Overall I love the console. Phone Post 3.0

TheAxeMurderer84 - I was a day one buyer despite all the negative haze. I have a decent PC rig and and wii u but I love my Xbox the most. They are constantly coming up with new updates and features and listening to the community. Since Phil Spencer took over they have done a full 180 and slowly gaining back the gaming community. I've played PS4 and plan on getting one next year for the exclusives but to me personally the x1 had the best exclusives and controller. Sony has basically 0 for exclusives until next year but they are selling so well it doesn't even matter lol. Overall I love the console. Phone Post 3.0
For sure, one of the main selling points to me is Xbox allowing 3rd party controllers to be used and there's a more active gaming community in which everybody there has a mic and trolling people would be much more fun on the Xbox than ps4 Phone Post 3.0

Yes Phone Post 3.0

Sounds like you need a xbox fren Phone Post 3.0

No imo but I'm a pc fag Phone Post 3.0

stringtheory - Yeah, gears ultimate edition is enough reason alone. It's fucking amazing.

EA access is great to have. Free 10 hours on all the new games is an absolute treat, plus all the free games in the vault.

Then there's the Kinect, Netflix YouTube and all the media apps. Phone Post 3.0
Not too worried about the apps since my ps4 has them all. I'm more interested in the games coming out like halo and gears and I might possibly get forza but still thinking Phone Post 3.0

stringtheory - Yeah, gears ultimate edition is enough reason alone. It's fucking amazing.

EA access is great to have. Free 10 hours on all the new games is an absolute treat, plus all the free games in the vault.

Then there's the Kinect, Netflix YouTube and all the media apps. Phone Post 3.0
Yes I forgot EA Access that shit is amazing. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah I love mine Phone Post 3.0

I like that I can play some 360 games on my xbone, I also like the free games I get monthly - a lot of them are quality. I am looking forward to the same games as you are. For me, completely worth while.

It sucks. 360 was way more fun. I considering selling mine daily. Never use it. Phone Post 3.0

I like it, I don't have the Kinect. It's allowed me to pretty much get rid of my WD TV live. The local media player now plays most video formats, plus it has apps to support all the major content providers(Plex, Netflix, Amazon, etc.)

The only thing that bugs me is it does not support SMB shares for a locally connected USB drive. With my WD's, I would simply copy new movies to the connected USB drives over my network. Can't do that with the XBOXONE, you have to unplug the drive, plug it into another PC and copy files to it and then plug it back in to the XBONE.

EA Access alone makes it worthwhile

I love mine.  One thing that is a pretty cool feature is the ability to stream games from the console to a computer using Windows 10.  I don't know if you're married, but if you share the tv with anyone in your house it is really fucking awesome to be able to just turn the Xbox on and play it on a laptop screen.

about 20 minutes ago I was almost out the door to go buy the gears bundle with NBA, Batman and the Witcher and then I realized it was Canadian thanksgiving and Best Buy was closed. Got myself all amped up for nothing :-(

You're goddamn right it's worth it. I have both consoles and while diehard Sony guys will try and convince you that the PS4 makes the Xbone look like a Commodore 64, it just isn't the case. The online components and layout of the OS are vastly superior on the Xbox. The games look pretty much identical, at least the ones I've tried. The single most important question is which one your friends have.

I grabbed the PS4 mainly for exclusives, but aside from Bloodborne I've barely touched it. Phone Post 3.0

RGS87GN - It sucks. 360 was way more fun. I considering selling mine daily. Never use it. Phone Post 3.0
Pffft, lol. Phone Post 3.0

Sound like it would if you want to play Halo and Gears but you should wait til Black Friday and you will great a screaming deal

To answer your question, if I could only have one the Xbone would win hands down. Anyone I know that has both (irl as well as on the OG) prefers the Xbox for the more ergonomic layout and connectivity to your other devices. Like others have pointed out, EA Access is amazing. Phone Post 3.0

Cutty McButts - You're goddamn right it's worth it. I have both consoles and while diehard Sony guys will try and convince you that the PS4 makes the Xbone look like a Commodore 64, it just isn't the case. The online components and layout of the OS are vastly superior on the Xbox. The games look pretty much identical, at least the ones I've tried. The single most important question is which one your friends have.

I grabbed the PS4 mainly for exclusives, but aside from Bloodborne I've barely touched it. Phone Post 3.0
This guy gets it. What is honestly funny to me is that while the Ps4 is generally touted as a little stronger machine the Xbox one has won 2 years consecutively for best console graphics. Phone Post 3.0