Is there a more useless All-Star game in sports...

than the NFL Pro Bowl?

Bunch of dudes running around playing two-hand touch.

And I'm not even blaming them for it.  I totally understand how brutal football is and how one play can ruin someone's  year or even their career.  

Just seems kinda pointless.  

Anybody actually watch it?

Yep, there's absolutely no point to it. Just do the skills competition.

I never watch it...

I like the skills challenge though...

But I don't really watch that either...

Hocky - 

than the NFL Pro Bowl?

And I'm not even blaming them for it.  I totally understand how brutal football is and how one play can ruin someone's  year or even their career.  

They should always play it during the season... with the winning conference getting an extra timeout (each half) during the Superbowl.

Could make things interesting... especially in a close game.

lionsoul -
Hocky - 

than the NFL Pro Bowl?

They should always play it during the season... with the winning conference getting an extra timeout (each half) during the Superbowl.

Still not nearly enough...

No team wants one of their star player's getting hurt in a pointless game like the probowl...

ABCTT_Disco Dracula - 
lionsoul -
Hocky - 

than the NFL Pro Bowl?

Still not nearly enough...

No team wants one of their star player's getting hurt in a pointless game like the probowl...

Meh... if it is in the middle of the season... the good teams might care.

It would have made the difference in quite a few of the Superbowls in recent years.

Back in the 90's when they did the QB challenge, the fastest man contest, etc it was awesome...

...now? It's an excuse for already rich players to collect a bonus that's more than most of our salaries and have a free vacation to Hawaii.

That said, the NBA All-Star game is worse.

They should just bring back the NFL QB Challenge, and make the Pro-Bowl a series of skill challenges. 

Benntheredunthat - Back in the 90's when they did the QB challenge, the fastest man contest, etc it was awesome...

...now? It's an excuse for already rich players to collect a bonus that's more than most of our salaries and have a free vacation to Hawaii.

It's not in Hawaii anymore. Still worthless lol.

Benntheredunthat - Back in the 90's when they did the QB challenge, the fastest man contest, etc it was awesome...

Yeah i hate the nba all star game. I dont see the point of these games if nobodys really trying.

This is what happens when noone plays your sport professionally outside of one country.

I have never understood the purpose of having all star games in the nba, mlb or the nfl..when I played baseball when I was younger, the all star games had purpose..best players in the division go to represent your town or district and play against other leagues all stars..if you keep winning you could possibly be the world champion.in pro sports, it's just a one off game where the athletes don't try hard..wtf

Squatdog - This is what happens when noone plays your sport professionally outside of one country.
That has zero to do with it.

ons ear - I have never understood the purpose of having all star games in the nba, mlb or the nfl..when I played baseball when I was younger, the all star games had purpose..best players in the division go to represent your town or district and play against other leagues all stars..if you keep winning you could possibly be the world champion.in pro sports, it's just a one off game where the athletes don't try hard..wtf

one of the original reasons for the all star game in the NFL was to really reward the star players...they didn't make much back in the day and the extra money and the trip to hawaii was a really great bonus

Squatdog - This is what happens when noone plays your sport professionally outside of one country.

What the fuck are you even talking about?

LFTM - 

Real sports have international competition as the pinnacle of their sport.

WATHUNT -

Yeah i hate the nba all star game. I dont see the point of these games if nobodys really trying.
Hockey figured out how to make it more fun with 3v3. Much less physical game than 5v5 so the players could out it in a little more effort without worrying about injuries.

They're still not going 100% but it's much better than what it was.

LFTM -

I think he is saying that if your game was played internationally that you could choose a USA team to play against other countries.

Instead of just playing with yourselves, which I might add you are very good at.

As am I.

Squatdog - 
LFTM - 

Real sports have international competition as the pinnacle of their sport.

Bet that sounded smarter in your head.