Is this a must win fight for Burkman against Moron

**Morono - thread title cut out! 

I actually had no idea Burkman was fighting in the UFC anymore!  

Dude is from TUF 2 and arguably could've won it.  He withdrew after suffering a broken arm in his win against Melvin Guillard.

i have to wonder if this is the last time Burkman walks into the octagon.  I thought he could have won his last few fights but fell short.  I'm surprised yet happy UFC is giving him another chance.  He is a true athlete and tough as nails! 

Yeah he retired after his last fight, then next thing I know he's back at it.   Game dude, all the best of luck to you! 

TeamPrimal -

Yeah he retired after his last fight, then next thing I know he's back at it.   Game dude, all the best of luck to you! 

Thank you for the update, now that you mention it I think I remember he had his kid in the cage or during the walk out, and left his gloves in the cage.  I completely forgot about that.  I hope he wins tonight!!! 

1-6 since his UFC return either means it’s a must win or they’ll just keep giving him fights.

He and Ross Pearson both have 11 UFC losses. Anyone have more? Vitor has 10.

I think he is one of those guys who will take short notice fights, and he'll fight anyone.   Like Hector Lombard for example!   Raw deal there.   But, as long as he enjoys it and can do so whole avoiding too much long term damage, I'm all for it.   He is a tough dude who as far as I can remember hasn't been outclassed or humiliated.   He by all means should've been dropped by now but you'll here no complaints by me! 

TeamPrimal -

I think he is one of those guys who will take short notice fights, and he'll fight anyone.   Like Hector Lombard for example!   Raw deal there.   But, as long as he enjoys it and can do so whole avoiding too much long term damage, I'm all for it.   He is a tough dude who as far as I can remember hasn't been outclassed or humiliated.   He by all means should've been dropped by now but you'll here no complaints by me! 

I agree.  He's a true warrior.  Hence the nickname!  And I thought he could of won that Hector fight! 

He might beat moron but he will never get past imbecil or buffoon

forrestfan - 1-6 since his UFC return either means it's a must win or they'll just keep giving him fights.

He and Ross Pearson both have 11 UFC losses. Anyone have more? Vitor has 10.

Interesting thank you for the Stat.  I just remembered he did get KO’d by Drew Dober & that was disappointing.  However, I’ll never forget him throwing Drew Fickett around like a little kid at UFN 3.  I was there live it was my first live UFC. Tim Sylvia shit his pants in the main event.

TeamPrimal -

Perfectly said

I usually always rooted for Burkman other then the karo fight & maybe the Kim or Felder fight.  He really surprised everyone with his success after being released from the UFC. I really hope he does great and wins. He has the skill set but he's in a talent heavy division with young killers out for blood. Luckily his opponent isn't to dangerous

The walk off choke of Fitch was awesome.

RockTheVote -

Let him fight. Mike Pyle has one coming up, too. If they both lose, they can fight each other and I'd still be interested in watching. 

Rock has my vote as well.   Love both of them! 

he's lost 7 of 8 since coming back to UFC.  i'd say it's a must win.

snookerbank -

So many people forgot about that!  And that was before Fitch became the concensus #2 welterweight in the world for many years.   That was a huge win back in the day.  Damn I miss Fitch too! 

knockoutfighter -
snookerbank -

So many people forgot about that!  And that was before Fitch became the concensus #2 welterweight in the world for many years.   That was a huge win back in the day.  Damn I miss Fitch too! 

People considered him the consensus #2 after he left the UFC? 

Seats Taken - 
knockoutfighter -
snookerbank -

People considered him the consensus #2 after he left the UFC? 

i think he was talking about when fitch beat burkman, not when burkman beat fitch

knockoutfighter - 
snookerbank -

wrong fight, I think you’re thinking of their wsof fight. fitch was never the #2 ww again after that.

they fought on a fight night in 06 though.

Nick Diaz still GOAT -
knockoutfighter - 
snookerbank -

wrong fight, I think you’re thinking of their wsof fight. fitch was never the #2 ww again after that.

I was thinking of the very first Fight night events.  Was it UFN 2?  He choked him out then correct?? To be honest I completely forgot they fought in WSOF!  

Damn Burkman was outmatched.  And on 2 weeks notice!?  No wonder I was surprised to see his name on the card.  Morono is a tough kid!!!   I loved the respect shown at the end.

knockoutfighter -
Nick Diaz still GOAT -
knockoutfighter - 
snookerbank -

I was thinking of the very first Fight night events.  Was it UFN 2?  He choked him out then correct?? To be honest I completely forgot they fought in WSOF!  

Burkman lost to fitch at ufn 4 on the beginning of fitchs ufc tear…

Burkman beat fitch in wsof..