Is this is the best fight eva?

The UFC regularly releases Free Fights, and this one, the Robbie Lawler vs. Rory MacDonald rematch, is inarguably one of the greatest fights in MMA history. It was the best fight of the year. Many say of the decade. And some say ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XJSIoemVAg&feature=emb_title

MacDonald lost his next fight, to Stephen Thompson, via UD, and then signed with Bellator MMA. There MacDonald won his first two fights, but has gone 1-2-1 his last four.

Lawler won his next fight, vs. Carlos Condit via SD, and now has gone 1-4 his last five.

Fights that great can leave a fighter never the same again.

2 Likes

Epic brawl for the ages no doubt, but I still favor Crocop-Nog as #1.

I rewatched it a few months ago, Robbie was more dominant in that fight than I remembered. Didn’t seem like Rory had any moments at all where he really put it on Robbie.

Hendo Shogun had the most holy f***ing s*** moments for me.

2 Likes
TzTinkle - I rewatched it a few months ago, Robbie was more dominant in that fight than I remembered. Didn't seem like Rory had any moments at all where he really put it on Robbie.

Lay off the weed.  End of 3rd Lawler was staggered and Rory opened up on him for good minute. Start of 4th round Rory opened up for first 2 minutes be no offense fr Lawler.

Shugum - 
TzTinkle - I rewatched it a few months ago, Robbie was more dominant in that fight than I remembered. Didn't seem like Rory had any moments at all where he really put it on Robbie.

Lay off the weed.  End of 3rd Lawler was staggered and Rory opened up on him for good minute. Start of 4th round Rory opened up for first 2 minutes be no offense fr Lawler.

Now I’m going to have to watch it again.

great fight one of the best along with Henderson-Shogun ,Diaz-McGregor 2 and Hughes Trigg 2

This is one of my favorite fights Santiago vs Misaki II

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vvRgLSAsyjM

1 Like
Shugum - 

Rewatched it, and Lawler was in control the whole fight except for 1:30 minutes. My memory did fail me forgetting about the end of the 3rd. At the start of the 4th robbie took a few shots but nothing major, he appeared to be gassed more than anything and was conserving energy for that 5th round blitz.

the best fight ever was Couture/Vera

It's not even the best Robbie Lawler fight ever. 

Watched it last night. Amazing fight. Robbie was such a beast! Huge fan.

Still Shogun vs Nog.. something about the Pride fights.. any minute they could just end in devastation..

Best for me was Mir vs. Nog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdGi7XI5Y_c

I was at Bdubs, completely packed full, and the place went bananas when Mir threw on that sub. The reaction to the slow motion replay was equally insane, you could see the arm break.

1 Like

One of the craziest things about Rory v. Lawler 2 is how it outshines Condit v. Lawler, which I am convinced would otherwise have been considered the all-time best fight.

GOAT violence matchup across all sports.

This is certainly among the greatest fights ever, but I’m not sure if it is actually the greatest. Hard to say.

It is a great display of brutal kickboxing in the octagon but not necessarily the best fight to  showcase MMA. If this was the first fight you ever saw of MMA you might be yelling "what are these homos doing " the first time you saw ground fighting/grappling.

I prefer the fights like Shugum posted that highlight all aspects of the game.

I know it's still fairly new, but I really feel like Adesanya v Gastelum was the best. 5 round war for the title which appeared to be tied going into the 5th round.