Is this site FUBAR for others or just me?

It breaks my heart to write this because I have been enjoying this site since 1999. However, I have never had such problems as I am having now.

I am not referring to the content, which is as predictably racist and vulgar as ever. Rather, I am referring to the rampant technical problems.

It would seem to revolve around the autoplay ads that pollute the site. They never load properly and just sit in the background and cause havoc.

It takes me 3-4 tries to log in because my password entry gets derailed as characters aren't accepted due to ad loading hitches.

The site is shutting down my IE browser frequently. I had to write this message in a Word doc and then paste because it shut down twice while I was trying to draft it.

If I foolishly leave it on in the background, an ad will randomly start and I'll have a commercial for vaginal cream blaring unexpectedly while I am having a phone call.

Basically every OG browsing session is derailed or delayed.

Now, I know that as a lowly mud I don't have much room to complain, but I have bought several blue names over the years. In fact, before there were any real revenue streams, I used to buy the fighters notebook to give away to people as a sign of support. This time, when my subscription ended, I delayed re-upping because of frustration with site performance.

Is anyone else having this level of difficulty? If so, are the powers that be addressing it in a meaningful way?

I ask this with all respect and gratitude for the people who have created this wonderful community.

Agree, the autoplay ads on the lower-right hand side of the page grind Chrome to a halt and frequently cause Flash to crash.

You could start by not using trash like IE. Then get ad block. This forum is a joke and lol @ top men. All the top men do here is peg each other in the ass. Phone Post 3.0

yep, been real bad the last few weeks

Kings21 - You could start by not using trash like IE. Then get ad block. This forum is a joke and lol @ top men. All the top men do here is peg each other in the ass. Phone Post 3.0

How do you think they got to be the top men?

Yes, even when typing a post sometimes the keystrokes don't register.

Maybe the top men can look into this?

You lost me at IE browser. I think even Microsoft doesn't support it anynore. Phone Post 3.0

Everyone is going to tell you to use this or use that but the fault lies with this site. I don't have to use Adblock on any other site I go to.

This site is a serious pos but I love you guys (homo all the way) so I keep coming back.

Too men and such as.... Phone Post 3.0

Did you say IE?

Get rid of it.

That said, no matter what you do you will encounter all sorts of glitches. Yesterday I wrote what I thought was my personal post of the year, only to have it crash and become unrecoverable when I hit "post". I said fuck it and abandon the thread and topic entirely because I wasn't going to write all that all over again.

I just noticed that there is a similar thread on the UG right now. The solution to a problem of this type has to be something other than "Don't use the browser that comes loaded on your PC."

Agree with the rson who said that nall key stros are regisring. (Typos from this very problem were left in the prior sentence for effect.)

This place is an undeniable shithole, but it is our shithole. The crappyness filters out a lot of undesirables. I have thing for dive bars too.

firefox + uBlock or
chrome + uBlock

no more ads issues fren

I only use mobile. PC version is worthless. Phone Post 3.0

Tomato Can - Agree, the autoplay ads on the lower-right hand side of the page grind Chrome to a halt and frequently cause Flash to crash.

adblock
how do people not already use adblock? Install it and quit bitching

I generally don't bitch about it that much, I just saw this thread and thought it was worth mentioning.

Using a workaround doesn't change the fact that the site has serious problems. The fact that people actually pay for basic forum functionality here is mind-boggling.

Personally, I don’t want to download software that might put me in dutch with the IT department just to improve my experience on a website my work really wouldn’t want me to frequent on their machines anyway. Also, I hope that no one in charge is saying that ad blocker is the solution to their tainted ad problem. That’s like saying that cutting off your foot is the best way to eliminate athlete’s foot. Instead, run some ads that don’t degrade site function.

Tomato Can - I generally don't bitch about it that much, I just saw this thread and thought it was worth mentioning.

Using a workaround doesn't change the fact that the site has serious problems. The fact that people actually pay for basic forum functionality here is mind-boggling.

yep, never heard of a forum that makes you pay to post pictures

Yea, and unless you're a bluenamer the edit function is totally busted as well. It's been that way for years now and nobody seems to give a shit.

I created this thread last week saying thanks for the autoplay ads. Autoplay ads have been a problem for YEARS.

The standard response is "Autoplay ads are contractually prohibited".

Really, fuckface? If they are prohibited, why have they been a problem for YEARS. Hmmmm, maybe get a different ad provider? Whaddayathink? This ain't rocket science.

Add ons like Adblock and Noscript aren't workarounds, they're as necessary as AV software when using the internet. Your browser will run faster in general as well.