Is this the worst product ever?

Friend of mine that knows I work out gave me some creatine they got from a church group food give away. 

At first I thought cool because I do use creatine... until I started checking this stuff out.

First flag.. its flavored! fruit punch flavored actually. Who needs flavored creatine, its tastes like nothing so you can add it to anything! I add it to the BCAA that I take.

So I looked at the back and holy shit!

160 calories and 39 grams of sugar!!!!

if you are not familar with creatine here is the back of the stuff I normally use.

who would buy that shit? no wonder they could not sell any of it and donated it to church group. 

that is the shit everybody was using until around 10 years ago. Some sugar might be necessary to best transport the stuff, but maybe 1/3 or 1/2 that amount. 

I blame Bill Phillips for pushing Phosphagen HP which was basically regular Phosphagen (EAS brand creatine) with powdered koolaid added. "The dextrose improves creatine absorption so pay an extra $20!" 

That was back in late 90"s when their magazine was filled with juiced up baseball players, but supposedly took only EAS supplements. 

correct me if I am wrong but that cvs product actually does not contain any creatine

Oh God that brings back terrible memories of when creatine first hit the market and you were supposed to take it in huge qtys with grape juice.  I remember getting so sick of grape juice I could barely look at it 

edwims - correct me if I am wrong but that cvs product actually does not contain any creatine

OTHER ingredients.

ufc98newb - 

that is the shit everybody was using until around 10 years ago. Some sugar might be necessary to best transport the stuff, but maybe 1/3 or 1/2 that amount. 

This.

Roy Batty - 
edwims - correct me if I am wrong but that cvs product actually does not contain any creatine

OTHER ingredients.

lol yep...you got me there...fairly embarassing

Eggbert -

Jay you should not be taken by creatine monohydrate with your blood pressure issues. You need to use more up to date versions. Ethyl ester, krealkalyn or whatever the latest versions are. Also I highly recommend taking a magnesium supplement. It’s effects on smooth tissues and blood vessels will help your blood pressure. Just take it at bedtime as it may make you a little sleepy

ok! is that something I can get on amazon or at the local rip off supplement store? Magnesium I assume I can get at the supermarket 

effinggoof -
ufc98newb - 

This.

Fruit juice like grape juice in a small shot glass is more than adequate.  

ok, found it on amazon easy. is there an advantage to taking powder over capsules or vice versa? best dosage?

chief123 -

I blame Bill Phillips for pushing Phosphagen HP which was basically regular Phosphagen (EAS brand creatine) with powdered koolaid added. "The dextrose improves creatine absorption so pay an extra $20!" 

That was back in late 90"s when their magazine was filled with juiced up baseball players, but supposedly took only EAS supplements. 

LOL I remember that stuff, whatever happened to Bill Phillips?

Powder to me absorbs faster than having your stomach dissolve the pill then getting into your blood stream

Eggbert -

Jay you should not be taken by creatine monohydrate with your blood pressure issues. You need to use more up to date versions. Ethyl ester, krealkalyn or whatever the latest versions are. Also I highly recommend taking a magnesium supplement. It’s effects on smooth tissues and blood vessels will help your blood pressure. Just take it at bedtime as it may make you a little sleepy

Added bonus to magnesium — it makes me nice and drowsy and sleep like a baby when I take about 2 teaspoons in a glass of water at night. Gives me a nice warm fuzzy feeling the. Off to dreamland. 

I have heard if you take too much it will drastically loosen your stool and give you the green bean trots. I think it may be used as a stool softener in some doses

Palmala Handerson -
chief123 -

I think he cashed out of EAS but I could be wrong. 

i thought this was another thread about your new glasses

on a scale of 1 to 10, how beneficial is creatine

I havent used in a few years, and im not really sure I've ever felt a difference

Palmala Handerson -
chief123 -

He grew his hair out long, talks with a gay lisp and sells as new fitness plan as of as few years back. Hes mo longer associated with EAS, Body for Life or Muscle Media. 

No, Cleanup Crew T shirts are without a doubt the worst product ever!

Eggbert -
Passive Jay -

ok, found it on amazon easy. is there an advantage to taking powder over capsules or vice versa? best dosage?

Capsules is just more convenient. My zma by allmax that I take at bedtime has 450 mg of magnesium 

cool. i am going to pick out one and order it, thanks for the advice!