Is "Tito vs. Rampage" Bellator's swan song?

Due to poor management and decision making, Bellator is crumbling. It sounds like Bjorn may soon be taking a hike according to MMAsun. If they actually market their PPV as "Tito vs. Rampage" to trick people into thinking they are buying a UFC PPV what type of business model is that. Bellator could be done in a matter of 12 months at this rate. Who will pick up the reigns if they shitcan Rebdey, Gary Shaw? Maybe. If they sign Mayhem now is that the signal that they've jumped the shark? Only time will see how it all ends.

i can magine zuffa buying bellator in a year

I never watched Bellator until this year. The fights have been entertaining enough. Who knows what kind of numbers they have to do to stay on Spike or to break even on a ppv.

I think it is much more appropriate to use the title 'Chandler vs. Alvarez II'.

at least, I hope it is.

It's a fun fight, but it goes against everything they wanted to accomplish.

i remember halloween - Due to poor management and decision making, Bellator is crumbling. It sounds like Bjorn may soon be taking a hike according to MMAsun. If they actually market their PPV as "Tito vs. Rampage" to trick people into thinking they are buying a UFC PPV what type of business model is that. Bellator could be done in a matter of 12 months at this rate. Who will pick up the reigns if they shitcan Rebdey, Gary Shaw? Maybe. If they sign Mayhem now is that the signal that they've jumped the shark? Only time will see how it all ends.

Rampage and Tito both have HUGE fanbases. I beleive Tito has more twitter followers than every UFC LHW outside Jon Jones. Rampage also has nearly a half millin followers.... Just an idea of the fanbase of these two guys.

If Tito and Rampage can bring more viewers, and open eyes to the talent Bellator has, you never know.

The PPV is looking good so far IMO.

The summer numbers is what really killed them.  The ppv is a hail marry pass.

The summer numbers told Viacom they cant recreate the UFC like they originally assumed.  So spike is putting together a ppv before the disasterous fall season numbers come in (ie: Hail Marry Pass).

They closed an entire branch at bellator and laid off a bunch of people and now getting rid of the female divisions.

The ppv will break even at best and the fall season will likely average around 500k or less.  It's not going to be very pretty for Bellator.

PPV was stupid, they should have put all the investment into marketing for an awesome free card. Only the absolute hardcore fans are going to buy this PPV and I doubt the bars will even show it Phone Post

nah this is a good strategy for them. Tito and Rampage are two of the most popular fighters in the sport regardless of their age so it makes sense they'd be used to wedge the bellator brand into the bar/ppv market.

Bellator is getting attacked so much lately because they are succeeding and Zuffa is trying to destroy their success through proxies/people manipulated by proxies.

Rory N Ricci s Third Wheel - 
ranier wolfcastle -

i can magine zuffa buying bellator in a year

Not worth the money honestly. Phone Post 3.0

Yea they will just fold

Like when WCW signed hogan, savage and flair and have them top billing. It might work out Phone Post 3.0

I'm thinking Rampage on a couple of fights vs Bellator fighters would have been a good lead in to PPV instead of <other_promotion_vet1> vs. <other_promotion_vet2> right off the bat. That's kinda what I was looking forward to.

Just a fun fight.

Good PR.

Afterwards, BAU.

Meh - I'm not going out of my way to watch this one. 11-02 is on a Saturday in the middle of football season. There's probably going to be some badass college game on that night.

Meh - I'm not going out of my way to watch this one. 11-02 is on a Saturday in the middle of football season. There's probably going to be some badass college game on that night.

12SixElbow -
i remember halloween - Due to poor management and decision making, Bellator is crumbling. It sounds like Bjorn may soon be taking a hike according to MMAsun. If they actually market their PPV as "Tito vs. Rampage" to trick people into thinking they are buying a UFC PPV what type of business model is that. Bellator could be done in a matter of 12 months at this rate. Who will pick up the reigns if they shitcan Rebdey, Gary Shaw? Maybe. If they sign Mayhem now is that the signal that they've jumped the shark? Only time will see how it all ends.

Rampage and Tito both have HUGE fanbases. I beleive Tito has more twitter followers than every UFC LHW outside Jon Jones. Rampage also has nearly a half millin followers.... Just an idea of the fanbase of these two guys.

If Tito and Rampage can bring more viewers, and open eyes to the talent Bellator has, you never know.

The PPV is looking good so far IMO.

Twitter followers=ppv buys? Phone Post