Is UFC 200 in 4K?

I could have sworn I just saw a commercial that said 4K for $69.99. Anyone know about this? Phone Post 3.0

It was a direct tv commercial btw Phone Post 3.0

Yep. Phone Post 3.0

cool wish we could get it in canada (bell) at 4k

question for you guys - I was watching something on netflix in HD 5.1.  The picture looked insane.  Is that the same as 4K? 

Is Bisping the champ? Well I guess you have your answer. Phone Post 3.0

BigEyedFish -

question for you guys - I was watching something on netflix in HD 5.1.  The picture looked insane.  Is that the same as 4K? 

If you have a 1080p tv, you won't get better resolution than that. 1080p looks really good too.

A standard hdtv is 1920 pixels horizontally by 1080 vertically.

A 4k tv will be at minimum 3840 pixels horizontally by 2160 vertically. Some are above 4000 horizontally. You must have a 4k tv to output that resolution.

Hope that is helpful. Phone Post 3.0

I have had an issue with directv being broadcasted in surround sound. I have a 4K tv so that should be nice. Too bad I will be at UFC 200. Phone Post 3.0

What has higher resolution, 4K or real life? Phone Post 3.0

Poopyface TomatoNose -
BigEyedFish -

If you have a 1080p tv, you won't get better resolution than that. 1080p looks really good too.

A 4k tv will be at minimum 3840 pixels horizontally by 2160 vertically. Some are above 4000 horizontally. You must have a 4k tv to output that resolution.

Shame most broadcast tv is only 720p

Netflix and even HBO go have amazing 1080p quality. I prefer to watch shows on the app because of it Phone Post 3.0

Poopyface TomatoNose -
BigEyedFish -

I remember reading that even with a 1080p set you can get a better picture with on a 4k source.  Since most HD sources are compressed or not even at 1080 and most sets have some level of processing that will look better having more data to work with.

4K, 5K...whatever it takes. Phone Post 3.0

R00STER - 4K, 5K...whatever it takes. Phone Post 3.0
VU Phone Post 3.0

fgil30 - I have had an issue with directv being broadcasted in surround sound. I have a 4K tv so that should be nice. Too bad I will be at UFC 200. Phone Post 3.0

Well, can I crash and watch it on your 4k tv? You won't be there and I don't steal.

I would be really surprised. Maybe up scaled. Phone Post 3.0

Poopyface TomatoNose -
BigEyedFish -

The signal will be better/sharper, even if it's not true 4k on a 1080p tv.  With a 1080p signal to a 1080p tv, there is natrual signal loss between the cable company and even the HDMI cables.  So the more data coming through, the better the image will be.

Might buy a new tv this week. Will one of these on sale sub 800$ 4K fuckers be worth it or am I better off getting a deeply discounted upper scale model 1080p. 55" range. I remember people saying the cheap 4K tv upscaling chips could make 1080 look bad, but that's been awhile  

Samsung, LG or Vizio is what I'm gonna go with. 

I have a 4K TV brand new.  I just couldnt believe how clear the HDMI 5.1 was and thought it must be a 4K transmission.  Netflix does broadcast some movies in 4K.  Just wasnt sure if 4k = HDMI 5.1

gregor o connor - 
BigEyedFish -

jesus christ. the picture is hd, the sound is dolby 5.1. have you never seen about 500 movies that all say "in dolby 5.1" at the start of all of them? did you think this was hd version 5.1? lol.

Well for starters, I watch about 3 movies a year so no I havent noticed. I didnt think anything.  I couldnt find any information in the menu as to why the picture I was watching (rather my wife was watching) was so different.  All I saw in the menu was HDMI 5.1.  

So I asked the question here.  Its what you do when you dont know the answer to a particular subject matter.  You ask people who do and hope that some asshole doesnt try to look like a bigshot with his response.