is ufc really in debt 425 mill?

just curious, was looking into it and a couple articles came up, one saying they have 425 million due in 2015...

seems high, true or false? or any1 know?

Sources you read this at? Phone Post 3.0

Fuck no, they are an extremely profitable company.

Sauce?

http://www.davemanuel.com/a-look-at-the-ufc-debt-finances-and-future-growth-133/

I remember reading that they borrowed against the company to 1) get cash to do other things they want so they increase their business, and 2) discourage people from buying the company.

"Why does the UFC have an outstanding $425 million loan? Due to their private structure, the UFC doesn't have to tell us, but you can guess that it likely has something to do with the purchases of rival promotions such as PRIDE, WEC and Strikeforce over the past number of years. Thanks to these purchases, the UFC basically has zero competition at this point."

LOL. They bought all those companies for half-nothing.

Travis Bickle - 
JOB - Fuck no, they are an extremely profitable company.

ok shill

Have a cup of fuck off, KKM.

Wolf debt IMO Phone Post 3.0

Daverr - just curious, was looking into it and a couple articles came up, one saying they have 425 million due in 2015...

seems high, true or false? or any1 know?
A loan is not debt, it is a loan that is coming due. Phone Post 3.0

People don't realize that these big companies that have many other companies under there umbrella can fudge numbers very easily. Hockey teams are great at it.

CindyO, can you ask DW to check with the accountants? The UG overseers needs to see the financials for analysis.

Looks like its a loan they took out.

This should put to rest all worries

"S&P is confident that Zuffa, LLC will be able to meet its loan obligations over the near-term. "

^ I thought the lost huge money on pride, like 30 - 50 million for a video library basically.

A loan isnt debt? Dope, I am officially debt free!

well dang,

its a mighty big loan

lets hope they can make the payment

And yea, all huge companies have debt.

Dougie - 

I remember reading that they borrowed against the company to 1) get cash to do other things they want so they increase their business, and 2) discourage people from buying the company.

i believe their preferred technique is to borrow against the company, put those borrowed millions in personal bank accounts, then file bankruptcy for the company so they can profit by not paying corporate debts.

i loan kinda is debt

if i take a loan tomorrow for 5 geez

im out 5 geez

lol

Zomby - ^ I thought the lost huge money on pride, like 30 - 50 million for a video library basically.

They did. Looks like that's one of many things that added to their debt.